Chapter Six.

Liam: Cnt go sry :( 

Niall read the test message a couple times, he wasn't really understanding, just because Liam seemed so sure that he could go, that he wanted to go. He set the phone down on his bed and finished the last of his packing which was mainly his swim trunks and pajama pants.

"Unc' Ni!" Theo shouted running into his room, he had a small packet in his hand. "Dad told me give to you." His sentances were incoherent hence he was still pretty young. He opened his hands and Niall blushed furiously when he'd saw a condom.

"Theo, no! How did you get this?" He took the packet and threw it into his drawer besides his bed, he was so  embarrassed about that. Leave it to Greg to do something like that. Theo giggled before running out of the room shouting to tell his dad he gave Niall his gift. If their dad would have saw that, he would have killed the both of them, Greg for being okay with his brothers homosexuality and supporting it, and Niall for even planning to invite a boy with them to ruin their family event like that, nd it'd lead to a whole different lecture. 

It was still morning, and his parents planned to go out to lunch, and buy some stuff for the trip, it seemed long when he'd thought about it and he was dreading it, the only thing that would make it better was if Liam had been able to join them, so he wasn't so bored, listening to how much fun they'd have, he was planning to ride with Greg on the way there, and he wanted Liam to be in the car with him at least, he was more upset about  the whole situation than he should have been, maybe something with his dad came up, he didn't know, so who was he to pout about it? 

"Mom, can I get this Katy Perry CD?" Niall asked while holding up the cd with pleading eyes, it was one of her newer albums and he enjoyed her music. She sighed nodding but not without his dad having a word.

"Niall, put that back. You shouldn't be listening to girly music, listen to Queen or The Beatles." His dad laughed wrapping his arm around Maura, who sighed getting annoyed with her husbands homophobic ways.

"Hardly anyone listens to them, may I remind you i'm 18 not some old loser with no job that listens to their records on repeat daily." He groaned setting the CD down and rolling his eyes before walking off. He did listen to their music, hell he listened to all music, but he couldn't listen to one female artist without his dad ranting at him. He pulled out his phone hoping that maybe Liam would have texted him he was only kidding, and he'd be going or even just something like 'i'm bored' but his phone showed no text messages from him, a few from his other friends, but he didn't really care. When they all got into the car, Bobby was going on about how disrespectful it was for Niall to even say that to him, when he was the one making income in the house, when he really wasn't. He didn't work, because an injury he had, he got paid a lot of money for it, so now only Maura was working as a nurse. Niall rolled his eyes hearing him ramble on while he drove about how Niall should just stay home, and not enjoy the camping trip. Which he would rather stay home than go, and his dad knew that so he took his words back.

It was already 5 o'clock and the Horans still hadn't left or started their two hour drive to the camping site, because Bobby wanted to make sure it was dark when they started the fire. Niall was ready for the day to be over, while sitting in his room and listening to Katy's album online instead, for the 5th time already, he was bored of it. He closed his laptop, and sighed looking out of his window. He could see Liam's house perfectly. A smile came to his face when he saw Liam, and he rushed out of his door. 

"Mom, i'll be back in a second!" He shouted, as he closed the front door and headed over to Liam's house. Liam was pacing up and down his driveway, holding a beer. "Liam." Niall smiled and Liam turned around to face him.

"Niall, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be gone?"

"I'm not leaving for another hour, just wanted to say bye before I go." He shrugged putting his hands in his pocket and walking closer to Liam who stepped back each time Niall stepped forward. It made the blond think maybe he could actually go, he just didn't want to be anywhere near Niall though, and that hurt. He was about to turn around and head home with disappointment, but Liam stopped him.

"How do you know Josh?" Liam asked, finally. It felt like lifting a weight off his shoulder, seeing how lovingly Niall looked at him made Liam slightly envious and he wanted to know how he knew the boy, and why he was looking like that. Niall turned around reluctantly facing the boy.

"How do you know Josh?" Niall shot back putting extra emphasis on the word you, how did Liam know Josh? He couldn't have known him. 

"I actually really don't know him, just know of him. How do you know him? You looked like you were in love with him or something." Josh. He did love Josh before, but for Liam to be butting in he was shocked, upset, and mad. Was this why he said he couldn't go? Just because of his ex, who didn't mean a thing to him anymore.

"Josh is my ex.." He quietly said, and Liam's eyes widened. Josh and Niall that came to a surprise but then again they both seemed like they could almost match up together.

"Why'd you break up?" It wasn't any of his business, but he did want to know why it was that they broke up. Who it was who broke up with who. Niall was beautiful, and if Josh had dumped him, he would make sure he said something to him. Niall looked uneasy, and you could tell he most definatly didn't want to be answering that question.

"It's complicated alright? I wanted a boyfriend, and I was dumb enough to just say yes to him, when he just needed a rebound, so fuck it. It doesn't really matter." It angered Liam that Josh would even use Niall in such a way, and he knew Josh only lived a few blocks over, he almost wanted to drag Niall over there, tell that asshole to tell Niall sorry, and then punch him. But he couldn't. He didn't know the whole story, and it was evident Niall wasn't going to give the whole story.

"When did you two last talk?" He asked still unsure if he wanted to know all the details of the relationship, he was already jealous of Josh as is, so why make the situation even worse by asking for the details of it, when he knew he'd probably do something to Josh the next time he saw him, if he were to get all the details. 

"October 18th..." If Liam was already angry, this just made it worse. He remembered the exact date that they last talked, obviously that Josh character meant a lot to Niall, and he wished he didn't, he didn't want anyone like him, using him, being that important, that was so ridiculous.Liam let out a bitter laugh. Niall could tell how angry Liam was getting just by the way his jaw clentched, his nose flared a bit, and it got him nervous. "Listen you're drunk don't get so mad about this, he doesn't mean anything to me, he's got the perfect life, right now i'm focused on you, and how amazing you look when you smile, but you're not giving me much of an opportunity to get to know you by pushing me away." He was looking at Liam's eyes who wouldn't really stay focused on his, he was avoiding him, and looking at his feet, or his hands, but not at Niall. "Listen, my families probably gonna get going, so i'll see you around, yeah?"

"Let me walk you." Liam insisted, he always wanted to walk him home, just to make sure he was safe, just to get extra time with Niall.

"No, you're mad at me, and I only live five houses away."

"How could I ever be mad at you? Perfect Niall. How could anyone be mad at you?" He asked stepping forward but tripping, Niall stepped foward and caught him holding up his body weight, which wasn't very easy since Niall didn't go to the gym often, they were standing face to face with barely any room. Liam's eyes drifted to Niall's lips. "Can I kiss you?" He shyly asked.

"Please." Niall breathed up against his lips. Just as Liam was about to press their lips together he thought how wrong it'd be. It'd be like leading Niall on, especially if he had the HIV, so he gently pushed Niall away, and walked inside his house leaving Niall standing there very confused. 

Vote, comment, fan.