Chapter Fifteen.

Liam pulled into his driveway parking the car. Niether of them wanted to get out of the car. But Niall knew he'd be going home for sure, he didn't want to be shut out again by Liam, that was just something he'd hated so much, and he couldn't bare the fact of the two of them being in the same house, and not even speaking.

"Thank you, Liam." He pursed his lips, placing his hands on the car handle.

"Don't thank me, you would have done the same for me."

"Maybe you're right. But you didnt have to show up. It just means a lot to me that you did show up." Liam nodded.

"Well, you're welcome." There was a silence after that, so Niall stepped out of the car. He wanted to tell Liam how much he'd missed him, he'd wanted to kiss the frown off of Liam's lips, but he just couldn't. Not without Liam freaking out on him. He walked down the driveway to go to his house. "Niall. Wait!" Liam shouted getting out of the car, and stepping besides Niall. "What are you doing? You said you'd stay at my house tonight." Niall let out a dry laugh.

"I'm old enough, I can go home on my own, and handle this myself. I just want to sleep in my own room, I don't want to be a burden."

"Fine." Liam paused for a second. "Then I'm staying with you." Niall looked at him shocked, but the elder just shrugged. "I know you hate me right now, Niall. But you have to understand how much I hate myself right now -"

"I don't hate you."

Liam took a deep breathe. "I'm staying with you regardless whether you're at my house, or i'm at yours. I told your mom I'd stay by you." Niall just rolled his eyes, he was exausted, and he didn't want to argue about it, they'd be better off just heading to his house. While they walked over, Liam called his dad and told him, he'd be staying with Niall for the night. Once they'd gotten into the house, Liam headed to the kitchen.

"You need to eat." He'd grabbed a box of macaroni and cheese, and as he'd began to open it he took a deep breath in, as if it'd hurt.

"Liam, what happened? You're hurt, and your cars got a dent. Were you in an acccident?"

"I'm fine. I just hit a tree. It wasn't hard though. I was able to reverse and leave." He assured, grabbing a pot, and starting the faucet to boil the water for the noodles.

"When did this happen?" Niall asked his voice full of concern.

"Last Sunday." Realization hit Niall, and he'd felt even more guilty.

"Liam. This is my fault. You could have died, and my last memory would be of me calling you a player, and being an absolute prick." His eyes began to water, but Liam walked up to him and wrapped his arms around him.

"Shh, this isn't your fault. I dozed off, I was tired. It could have happened to anyone. I'm not hurt, and I'm not dead. I'm here." He rubbed Niall's forearm, as the blond continued to cry, and lean into Liam's chest. Once the water started to boil, Liam dumped the noodles in, and stirred them, while Niall sat there ashamed of himself. When the macaroni was done, Liam put it on two plates, and they sat down, picking at their food.

"How are you and your dad, Ni?"

"Not good."

"What happened?"

"Nothing." Niall said playing with his food, and coudn't bare to look at Liam.

"What were you and Theo doing?"

"He likes to explore, Greg asked me if he could come. We saw a turtle, it was tiny, he wanted to find more."

"What about you? Do you like to explore?" Niall sighed, he didn't understand the small talk, it was kind of pointless.