e l e v e n - ;)

GUYS READ 80s-hoe RICHIE TOZIER BOOK, I READ THE INTRO AND IM FUCKING HOOKED WTF

third person pov

since y/n fell asleep in mike's arms, mike chose to hold her instead of making dustin.

y/n was softly snoring, but mike found it adorable.

'why do i keep thinking that?' mike thought to himself.

'i like jane. y/n is just a friend... right?' mike questioned.

mike looked to the sleeping y/n on his back.

she looked so peaceful compared to what she looked like when she was screaming.

when she was screaming, she looked so fucking pissed.

(OKAY I JUST HEARD MY BROTHER YELL "ALEXIS IM SORRY" WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS AND IM LIKE WTF OKAY SORRY BACK TO THE STORY)

then she just looked straight up drained.

now she just looks straight-up peaceful.

"you sure you don't need me to carry her mike?" dustin eagerly asked mike.

mike got confused (and a little jealous, but he wouldn't admit that just yet) on why dustin seemed so eager.

"i mean, if you want-" mike began.

"yeah, yeah! i don't mind!" dustin said, cutting off mike's sentence.

dustin beamed when mike carefully handed y/n over, and dustin began to carry her.

"...you like her or something?" mike asked dustin.

"what's it to you? you obviously are still in love with jane." max said while rolling her eyes.

"shut up, max." mike retorted.

lucas laughed and high-fived his girlfriend.

"to answer your question mike, no. i don't like her like that. it's just even though we just really met her today, i already feel like i have a connection with her. being an only child can get lonely, so y/n feels like a sister that i never had." dustin said with a shy smile.

"awe, that's so sweet. you should tell y/n that, she would be happy. i bet she feels the same way. you have definitely earned her trust, dustin." jane said.

dustin beamed at that remark.

"why did y/n get so upset when i called her weird, jane?" mike asked, changing the subject.

jane's eyebrows furrowed and her facial expressions saddened and became more sorrow.

"well, we all had our punishments. mine was confinement. others was the hurting of loved ones. some people's were just no food. but y/n's... hers was just straight up verbal abuse." jane explained.

everyone remained silent, as if urging jane to continue.

"...i don't know everything due to me having very few encounters with papa- er, i mean, brenner and y/n. but i overheard one phrase brenner always used on y/n. it goes, 'i know why your real parents gave you up to me. they didn't love you. they thought you were different. a freak. a weirdo. they didn't want a weirdo in their family. you are like a curse on their name. they didn't want you. they never did. you were, and still are, a mistake.' that's not even the worse one. i know there were worse cause there were times where she was in the corner of the fighting arena (arena thingy inspired by CaitlinGranger26 's mike wheeler story!) and instead of fighting eachother, she would just sit there murmuring insults to herself and crying." jane continued.