Life With A Puppy

1 WEEK LATER

"Charlie please stop barking" Emily shouted from her bedroom.

Emily flopped back down into her bed and looked at the alarm clock next to her. This had been the 4th night in a row the dog had been up barking all night. The time read 2:30am and she wondered why the dog couldn't stop barking. She also wondered how Daniel was sleeping so soundly.

Emily decided enough was enough. She carefully removed the covers and tip toed to the spare bedroom on the other side of the house. She flicked the light on and winced as the light temporarily blinded her.

"Charlie whats wrong baby?" She cooed as she walked over to the cage that the puppy was in. Emily opened the door to the cage but before she registered what had happened, Charlie shot out of the cage, past Emily, and darted out of the room.

"Charlie!" Emily shouted horsely. At first, Emily fumbled a little bit, still trying to wake up but when she saw Charlie head into her bedroom she swore she had never felt so awake. The tiny dog now thought that Emily and her were plaing a game and started barking loudly.

"Bad girl Charlie! Don't wake daddy" Emily whispered, "Come here baby."

Suddenly, Daniel started to stir but then settled back down. Emily's heart was racing, and was beginning to get frustrated. She was tired and definitely expected this to be easier.

"Charlie pleaseeee I want to sleep" Emily whimpered. At the same time, Charlie mimicked her whimpering and trotted to her feet. Charlie began pawing at her legs and licking them.

"Good girl" Emily said relieved. She lifted Charlie in her arms and carried her back to her room, gave her a kiss, and shut the door and went to bed.

Emily awoke the next morning with a pounding headache. She opened her eyes saw Daniel, which was always a sight she loved to see. She closed her eyes again and snuggled deep into his chest. Daniel kissed her on the head and wrapped his muscled arm around her.

"Morning babe" Daniel said in his morning voice.

"Morning" Emily replied, eyes still closed. She looked up and saw him smiling at her. She kissed him softly on the lips but was interrupted by the unmistakable sound of Charlie from across the house. 

"We have a demon dog Daniel. She kept me up all night" Emily explained as she got out of bed.

"I know, I heard you yelling at her last night" Daniel replied with a laugh, "You were a little harsh"

"Its called tough love" Emily chuckled as she walked out of the bedroom and into Charlie's room.

Emily brought Charlie into the kitchen where her food and water dishes were. Daniel filled them and Emily started on a breakfast of their own. After everyone ate, Daniel suited up for work. He grabbed his briefcase while Emily filled a To-Go cup with coffee; 2 creams and 1 sugar, just the way Daniel liked it.

"Bye Ems, i'll call you later if I get a break" Daniel said as he gave Emily as kiss.

"Be good for mommy Charlie, don't be too much trouble" he said as he crouched down as to her. Charlie started barking and jumping and Daniel realized this was his cue to leave. Before he walked out the door, his eyes caught Emily's and they both started to laugh.

Emily walked over to the front window that looks over onto the driveway and watched as Daniel pulled out the Aston Martin and drove away. After he left, she returned to the kitchen and knelt down to Charlie.

"What do you think Char, should we go to the park today?" Emily asked scratching the puppy behind the ears. Almost like Charlie was answering, she ran up for the door and started scratching it and barking.

"I'll take that as a yes" Emily said with a laugh as she grabbed the leash and left the house.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER! I DECIDED TO NAME THE PUPPY CHARLIE BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE SAMMY ((not really)) AND I WANTED TO HAVE CHARLOTTE'S NAME SOMEWHERE IN THIS BECAUSE SHE PROBABLY WONT HAVE AN ACTUAL APPEARANCE IN THIS SO YEAH :) THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING

peace and blessings xox