Forgetting the Past

As Emily approached the house, she noticed Daniel's car in the driveway. She took off Charlie's leash and and opened the front door.

"Daniel I'm home!" She called out.

"Hey babe" Daniel said as he rounded the corner and wrapped his arms arounf her, "I missed you"

"I missed you too" Emily said with a smile before kissing him.

After the kiss, Emily didn't feel the same and even Daniel could sense something was wrong.

"Em I know that look. What's up?"

"Nothing. I promise." she said hesitantly.

"Come on Ems, I know you. You can tell me anything" Daniel insisted. He grabbed her hand in reassurance.

In that moment, Emily had 2 choices. Come clean about Aiden and her possible unresolved feelings about him, or push it down and reassure herself that everything is fine.

"Daniel please, I'm fine." Emily said sternly. She pushed passed him into the kitchen.

She filled Charlie's food and water dishes, then went to the living room. She flopped down on the couch and laid her head back on the back of the couch.

Daniel came up behind her and began to massage her shoulders.

"I'm sorry I upset you babe" Daniel whispered in her ear.

Emily turned around, sitting on her knees and resting her head on her elbows.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you. Its been a crazy day." Emily said eyes closed, forehead pressed against Daniel's.

She pulled away and looked deep into Daniels eyes. She saw the love she had in him. She saw the experiences they've shared and the memories they've made. Daniel helped build Emily into the person she was, and was more than honoured to call him her husband.

She started a life with him, one that Aiden would have never been able to.

"I love you Daniel. I love you so much you deserve to know." Emily said.

"Deserve to know what?" Daniel said straightening up.

"About Aiden Mathis... the love of my life"

YAY FOR RANDOM PLOTS TWISTS! THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING AND STAY TUNED BECAUSE I HAVE MORE COMING YOUR WAY :)