Day 6 - Pikachu's Role

A Little Push

Pikachu was fond of his Pikapi and Pikachupi, even if they argued a lot..  But more recently their dynamic had changed by quite a bit, because Pikapi finally was taller than Pikachupi.

Now it should be noted that those two kids were the same age, with Pikachupi having been physically the more mature one of the two.  But it seemed that Pikapi had hit what those humans called 'puberty' for males early, and that resulted in Pikapi having to limp about for nearly two weeks in absolute pain, meaning he wasn't able to train like he wanted to for his gym battles, and he was still reeling following his victory against Morty, a ghost type gym leader.  It made Pikapi very unsettled indeed.

Anyways, going back on 'puberty', Pikachu found out from Brock, that all of this pain would result in Pikapi getting taller.  For Pikachu all that meant was having to climb up an even longer distance just to get onto Pikapi's shoulder.  But the biggest surprise came one morning not long after.

"Wow, Ash!  Look at you!" he heard Pikachupi exclaim.  Pikachu, who couldn't hold his curiosity back – despite his own morning lethargy – came out, and saw Pikapi... Staring DOWN at Pikachupi?!  THAT was unexpected, but it didn't seem to bother Pikachupi, she had this strange admiring look to her as she used her tiny palm to check her own height, and then Pikapi's forehead to emphasize the height change.

Pikapi for what it was worth was stunned, all this time he was use to looking up at Pikachupi, but having to look down at her was entirely new to him, especially after those several weeks of intense pain.  Pikachu, curious to see how the differences would affect him, climbed up Pikapi's shoulders, and tried jumping onto Pikachupi's, but instead of cleanly landing on her shoulder, or having to grip onto her crop top to climb up onto it, Pikachu nearly missed her shoulder entirely!  It was lucky for him Pikachupi caught him just as he was stumbling forward.

"Pikachu!" she giggled, "Ash is taller than me now, so you can't just make a big jump from off of his shoulder and expect to land on mine so easily."  After she said that, Pikachu couldn't help but notice a slight blush appearing under her nose as her eyes fixated themselves onto Pikapi, who was currently being ogled at by Togepi, also having noticed Pikapi's growth.  To which Pikachupi was all smiles about as she explained Pikapi's growth to the little egg Pokémon.

OoOoO

Pikachu was not surprised that Pikapi hadn't noticed yet, but because whilst he could look back whilst on Pikapi's shoulder, Pikapi couldn't in all fairness.  Therefore, Pikachu was the only one who could catch Pikachupi boring a hole into the back of Pikapi's head with those emerald eyes of hers, and every time for the past few days he would catch her doing so, she'd blush, wink at him, and move one finger to her lips and made a 'shushing' sound at him...

But what made the situation more amusing was when Pikachu accidently eavesdropped one day on Pikachupi as she was alone brushing her hair with her Pokémon.  He hadn't meant to, but he still couldn't help listening in on her.

"... I mean, wow," she was saying out loud to Togepi, Psyduck, Poliwhirl, and Staryu.  "Ash is just so... Handsome now that he's grown taller.  It's... Weirdly what I wanted to always be around to see for myself.  He's no longer that little brat I fished out of the river from long ago..."

Wait, what?!  Pikachu thought, this was quite a revelation.  In the past back in Kanto, Pikachupi had no issues putting Pikapi down for being so short.

Pikachupi instead was now talking about Pikapi in an entirely positive light as opposed to insulting him; it puzzled Pikachu as to just what was going on in that head of hers.