Chapter 44: Confession of... liking THE Xander Bryer.

You know that feeling when you're too shocked to even register what's currently happening? Of course you have heard this line over and over again in those cliche books.

Well, let me tell you another cliche line.

Time seemed to stop as I kissed Dayana, her eyes wide. Roxxane's yells were blocked out from this moment.

It took a while but she slowly started to kiss me back.

The moment was too perfect for me. The girl I like is kissing me back.

The girl that has put me in the friendzone so many times. The girl who tried to kill me when we first met. The girl who trained me. The girl I investigated with before. The girl I'm sharing my first kiss with.

And the girl I like.

This girl- crazy yet so amazing. Reckless but beautiful.

She was crazy as hell.

I parted from our kiss and stared at her beautiful brown eyes.

"You two think this simple kiss will make everything go away?!" Roxxane yelled from the speakers.

I bit my lip in vexation, "No, but it will make my confused mind go away."

I took Dayana's wrist and dragged her away. Away from that... that witch that trapped her.

"Well look at you, Prince Charming." She said with a giggle when we got in my car.

I smiled sweetly at her, "Your Prince Charming."

"But I'm not your Princess," she told me.

"What're you talking about? Of course you are. We made that clear last night already." I replied.

I started the car and glanced at her.

"But... Leon said I hit my head and fell unconscious last night." She said, rubbing her head.

"What?" I asked in disbelief,  "I guess you were too drunk last night to remember."

She looked at me in bewilderment, "I was what?!"

"Drunk." I replied with a sheepish smile.

"Damn it..." she muttered.

I pinched her cheek with one hand while the other controlled the steering wheel.

"No swearing." I scolded her.

"What did I do last night?" She asked.

"Well..."

▪▪▪

I was looking around for Xana, practically running around in circle.

I sighed and went near the stairs where we promised to meet up two hours ago.

"Ooh! Xanderrrr! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I looked at the stairs to see Dayana tied up in the railings.

I jogged up to her and crouched down to be at eye level with her.

"Why are you tied up?" I asked her.

"I don't know. All I know is that-" what she said after that I have yet to decipher.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Those blue leprichauns are not my nephews! They're my uncle's grandparents!" She slurred.

"What blue leprichauns?" I asked, stifling a laugh.