Bella

I was an out doors cat, and I was pregnant with my first litter of kittens. Miles was the proud father. "I just want what's best for our kits. I worry, we both know how hard it is to live out here... We're behind a motel for pete's sake! And if it means you living with a couple of humans, so be it." Miles said. "Miles you just can't send me off... What if I never see you again? The kits will never know who their father is!"
"Well it's better to have kits with humans around than to have them killed by Romeo, and his group of street cats. Or have them ripped to shreds by a pack of dogs. Or wander off and drown in the river." Miles was trying hard to convince his mate. "Miles you know the kits are due any day now... And I'm more worried about the fact that I haven't produced any milk yet, what if they starve?" "They won't starve it you go where it is safer." "ok I'll go with them." "Good, now a new family of humans has recsntly arrived and I get the feeling that they have kind hearts. I thimk its best if you go with them."

We watched as ths new family played outside, a mother, a father, and two little girls. The kids went inside long with the mother. She then came out with a can of chicken. And looked straight at me. "I love you Miles,"  "I love you too," he had said. I walked out into the open. And was brought immediately inside.

A couple days later, I gave birth to 3 little kittens. The humans named them Alice, Edward, and Jasper. And they named me Bella. About a week later, the humans went on an outing so I went to the window sill. Miles came over and asked how the kits were doing. "Miles I'm worried, im not producing any kind of milk and the kits are getting skinny. I don't think they are gonna make it." His face dropped. I could see the understanding in his eyes. "Ok Bella. Take it easy. Even if they don't make it we will still have each other." He pressed his muzzle to the glass, and Bella did the same.

Alice and Jasper were the first to die. The humans were deeply saddened by this and did everything in their power to save little Edward, but he too passed. The humans burried the kittens by the river. Bella watched Miles as he inched his way way to his kits burrial site. He rarely moved. Bella rarely left her bed. Then a calico now called Dinky, was brought in. The humans later made a phone call and about two hours later, two huge, fluffy, black-and-white male cats arrived. The more out going one was Bevis and his twin brother was Butthead. These three cats would become Bella's best friends.