Jinx

I was a fat cat. I was called Snickers. I hated that name. My humans loved me, I guess, but then again, they wouldn't have given me away. I arrived into my new home, and there were other cats and they were really  cool. First was Bella. She let me know who was boss, and to not mess with her, but we quickly became friends. There was Dinky. She was, shy, relaxed but still tense. I didn't know Butthead very well, he died about a month after I arrived. I didn't feel bad, because I didn't know him. I liked to sleep. The humans even built a huge bed for me. 

I woke up to cold. it was dark, yet I usually woke up and it was daylight. I lay there, unwilling to move. the sun came up and it became a little warmer, but not by much. I finally got up the will power to get up. I pulled myself out of my bed, and strolled to the food dish. The humans were beginning to stir. Two high-pitched squeals came from the human children, and about ten minutes later, they came running down the stairs in puffy coats, and pants. I went to the window and almost jumped back in terror. It had snowed. the ground was covered in a blanket of white. it began to get warmer, I realized the humans had turned on the heat. A minute later, I saw the kids running around in the snow. It looked kind of fun. Bella said that she liked watching the snow. From the window. In the house. Near the heater. 

About a week later, a cat with a short tail, entered the house. She had the smell of another cat on her, but she was all alone. Her name was Lexi.