Chapter 2

Demi POV 

"oh my god i'm so sorry" a tall, blonde haired man bent and pick up all the sheets that scattered on the floor, "no it's none of your fault, it's mine actually" i smiled and he handed the papers. 

Instantly i know that familiar pair of blue eyes, it was my boss, the one and only, Christopher Johnson. The owner of this company, and also my long time lover. 

We used to date in high school, but he moved to new york because his working parents nd i completely lost contact with him, we did say goodbye though, and i let him go for good. 

The things turned upside down since i applied paper to the johnson company, i don't have an idea it will be his company. I almost want to cancelled the whole contract, but i think all over again. 

It's not about him anymore. it's about me. i need to get closer to my dream and here i am. one step closer. 

"Are you alrigh'?" his low raspy voice filling my ears, and bringing me back to this very moment. 

"yeah i'm alright, thank you" i smiled kindly and taking my phone out. 

"um Mr. Johnson i gotta go, see you tomorrow." i quickly said and turn around and walk away. 

"wait!" his voice echoing the hall and suddenly i stop my track. He walk beside me and i look up,

"How about we take a dinner right now, take this as an award because you did a really good work." his eyes pleaded. 

"i don't know Mr. Johnson, um uh" i tried to making excuse. "I know you don't have a plan tonight, sorry i kinda overheard your convo with allie. it's just a simple dinner demi. Please." i think all over again. it just a simple dinner isn't it? i won't harm anybody and honestly i can't say no to my boss. 

"okay fine." i surrender and he smiled happily to me. "and please just call me chris, pal" he winked. 

Whats wrong with this guy though. The whole world know him as the meanest one but he was like a little kid when he was around me. 

"so i know this little italian restaurant who served the best homemade pizza in town. shall we go there?" he smiled, showing his dimple. 

"what? italian restaurant?" his face drop and stuttered "or you want to go to um Masa? um its up to you really i'm sorry" 

"No oh god i'm sorry, i thought you're going to take me to burger king, but italian sounds good" i laughed and he relieved. 

"still the old same demi" he whisper, but loud enough for me to hear. 

We step in the elevator and he press the basement button, he tells me that his parents are giving the company because his dad are retiring and her mum is not kind of business person. 

The elevator stopped and we step off. "you can ride the car with me and i'll tell my wingman to take yours back at home." i nodded and followed him to his black audi r8 car. 

i don't get surprised too, because he was the owner and i guess he could buy these kind of car easily. 

He walk faster, and open the door for me. "thank you" i smile warmly and he wink. he walk to the driver side and pulled the car into driveway. 

He hit the play radio and and The 1975 song, Girls, blasting. 

i hummed to the beat and chris turn his head and smiled. "what?" i laughed and he makes a funny face that i used to hate. 

"oh god i wan't to fucking slap you." he laughed and do a silly dance. 

At first i thought this thing going to be really awkward but i guess he's not that bad, and maybe we can be friends. 

He park his car and walk out. .Before i could open the door, he already opened for me. "thanks" "no probs" he starts to walk to a little shop, and i followed him. 

We walk in and surprisingly it's not that crowded. 

I take off my coat and have a seat at the corner of the room and a young girl walk towards us. 

"hi i'm jeanne and i'll be your waiter today." she kindly smiled and handed us the menu. 

"so what can i get you?" "um a pepperoni pizza and coke sounds good" chris ordered. "um mozzarella cheese pizza and sprite for me" she scribbled a not and take our menu's away. "your order will be out in 20 minutes thanks" she walked away.

We chatted and laugh about everything i could see he try so har to make this situation less awkward. and he kinda nailed it. 

The pizza came and we eat it hungrily, the pizza it's so good and i feel like i'm going to marry them. 

We finished the meal and he pay it, i put on my coat and with that we walk out. 

"wait where are you going?" he give me a puzzled stare "of course i'm going home chris" "but my car is there, why don't you follow me?" 

"i'm going home by a cab." "a cab? in the middle of a night? alone? are you kid ding me?" he yelled. 

"why are you yelling at me? i am a grown up woman and i can take care of myself." i spat. 

"okay i am sorry demi. i yelled at you. but i just don't wan't anything happened to you, please just let me drive you home." his voice soften and i crossed my arm. "fine" 

i told him my address and we stood there silence, an awkward one. 

"you can be so stubborn sometimes." he say jokingly and i giggled. "yep that's me" 

His car pulled over and stopped. 

"thank you so much for the pizza" i thanked and he smiled warmly. "it's nothing really."

 "well i guess i see you tomorrow?"  "yeah i see you tomorrow." 

"goodnight demi, have a nice dream" he grinned and drove away. 

I took my keys and walk to my home sweet home.

And walk to my room and throwing myself to the comfy bed. 

------------

A/N It's not really good but thank you for reading and comment and votes will be really appreciated, please keep them coming x