Jackson

"Mai, you have an amazing voice. I know I've said it millions of times but it's true"

"Can we just get back to the song? I'd like to continue practicing"

Jackson had come over so we could practice on the song but he's only been complimenting me the entire time. It was getting annoying. But I couldn't say I didn't like the attention.

"You're right, sorry"

We continue singing in unison, reading off of a music sheet. I could sense a pair of eyes on me when we reached the chorus and tilted my head to the side to find Jackson staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"You're absolutely beautiful"

"So you've said about 5 times now"

He takes the music sheet from my hand and places it on the table. He scoots closer to me, caressing my cheek with his hand. I stare him in the eyes as his face gets closer, instantly closing them as he kisses me. It was different, less rushed than what it was like with Fuuto. Jackson was giving me time to pull away if I needed to, if he was moving too fast. But Jackson was sweet, thoughtful, where Fuuto was loving.

Jackson puts his hands on my hips and pulls me onto his lap, my arms automatically wrap around his neck, my hands combing through his hair. I had never felt anything like this with Fuuto, for some reason it felt wrong but I loved the feeling. His hands trailed up my back as I pulled away shortly to catch my breath.

"Wow," Jackson whispers, his lips brushing against mine.

I was breathing heavily, so was he, but we continued staring into each other's eyes. A stray tear slides down my cheek and Jackson wipes it away, looking at me concernedly. I lay my forehead on his shoulder, silently crying, hugging him tightly. His arms tighten around my waist as he rubs a hand up and down my back.

"I can't do this," I say shaking my head.

"I know it's hard, I'm sorry for putting you in this position but I can't help that I love you"

I take a deep breath, calming my hitched breathing. "I'm only 19, this is not something I imagined I'd have to deal with at this age"

He shrugs. "It happens, some people are together since they are young"

"It's just so hard"

"Think about this, I've been there for you all these years, Fuuto has only been there for a little while in the beginning. Maybe that'll make your choice easier"

"Saying bad things about him won't give you any brownie points," I tell him, lifting my head off of his shoulder. "By the way you just ruined the moment. I thought you actually cared about me but it seems you only care about yourself"

"But I-"

"Don't. This isn't going to affect my decision"

I stand up and walk over to the elevator, pressing the button. Jackson walks up beside me. He pulls me in for a kiss which lasts until the elevator dings, announcing its arrival.

"Let's do this again sometime," he says, stepping into the elevator.

"Next time we need to actually practice the song"

Before the doors close he stops them, kissing me one last time.

"I can never get enough of that," he mumbles with a smile.

"Don't get used to it," I tell him before waving at him. "See you later"

"Bye baby," he says as the doors close.

I groan at the nickname and sit on the couch in front of the tv which was on some gossip show. The article was about me, but it wasn't anything bad, it was about the role I had in that tv show and how they want me to star in my own show. I've only ever starred in movies and maybe one or two episodes of a show.

I couldn't think of that though, I had songs to write and music to compose. I took out my notebook and start scribbling down ideas for songs. Claire comes in, tossing something in my lap. It was a stack of papers, on the front a title.

"You have your own tv show now. It's already written and you just need to memorize the lines, other than that they're ready to start filming"

"How could they have possibly cast the other parts so quickly?" I ask, flipping though, looking at all the different characters.

"Oh we've been planning this for a while, sort of a secret project. The other actors didn't know either but they were chosen specifically to create a more realistic scene"

"There's a lot of tension in this"

"Exactly"

"So who are the other actors?" I ask.

She stands behind the kitchen counter, pouring herself a glass of wine. "Well you play the main character, Lena. We contacted that friend of yours, Ema, to play May. She's only in a couple episodes. The one playing William will be Jackson and the one playing Jake will be Fuuto"

"What?!" I scream.

"This show is about superheroes, just as a preview. You are the princess of some distant planet. William is the stronger one while Jake is the smarter one. Each of them fight for the love of the princess, one of them wanting the love of the princess in return while the other only wants the title of king, I'm not gonna tell you which is which"

"Why does this have to happen to me?"

"What? I thought you'd like this"

"Do you not realize that both of those guys are already trying to fight for my love?"

She smiles widely. "Great! That'll make their acting even more realistic!"

I mutter to myself. "Now that I think about it though, could one of them actually only be using me for my talent?"

Claire looks over at me. "Most likely"