9 In my arms

She is a sight to hold when she is angry. She could blind a man with her beauty. I knew she was beautiful when I saw her first. But when she is angry, her emerald eyes light up, and with her chestnut hair falling on her face, a man could lose his soul in her. Well, a man who has a soul. I don't have one.

She asked for water. Depravation of water and food are one way of getting someone to surrender. Without water maximum 3 days a person can fight how much ever dear the cause to them. If water and food doesn't work, freezing them does the work. If freezing doesn't, then the next step which is using the tools of torture like hot iron bars, hanging the person upside down, cutting limbs..etc. By this time the man will be dead.

But killing the man isn't the job here. To get what we want. In this case what I want. Most of the kidnaped victims are killed as setting them free risks all of us. This woman is too beautiful and spirited to die. What if I take her to the club as a sex worker? I am sure we can work out something beneath those holly garments she is wearing. But I don't think I like to share what I like or mine with others.

She is just crashed on the chair. I carried her to the bed. She isn't heavy at all. I wonder what she has been eating. I put her on the bed and sat on the chair opposite. I remember some details of her file. May be she gives so much of herself to work, she has neglected herself I believe. The report said she works sometimes 15-18 hours a day. There is something about her, I don't get it.

For one thing, she isn't scared of me. Secondly, she doesn't know how to swear, I thought smiling. But beyond this tough position of her about life, there is something. If I can tap in to that, I am sure my work forward will be easy.

Well, let her gain her strength. I have time.

*************************************************************

I don't know what time, day or night I woke up. I feel disoriented. But the feeling of extreme dizziness and mind fogging has significantly reduced. I just wish I can have some water and a bath. Well, I am damn thirsty.

I went to the door and tried to open it. It was locked. What was I even thinking. I tap the door, hoping someone would come. May be it is middle of the night and everyone asleep. I tapped harder this time. No answer.

John said something about he wants me and my signature. He cant have me. But what the hell does he want my signature for? I bag the door harder this time. I am exhausting myself. I need strength. I went and sat on the bed. After what looked like may be couple of hours, the door opened.

For once, I was happy to see John.

"How are you today?" he asked business like voice.

"A little better. I think 24 hours would have passed, and the drug is weaning off. Can I have some water please? I am really thirsty" I asked him.

"You need to sign some papers. After which you can have water and a meal"

"What do I have to sign? I don't have any property or money. So what is it am I to sign over to you or give my consent to?" I asked him.

"Rania Ahmed orphanage land is titled under your name. I want the title to transfer to someone else"

"Are you mad? Who told you that it is under my name? It isn't" seriously. Rania Ahmed will take the land to her grave than give it to someone else.

"Don't lie Safia. We did our research. I have the documents with me"

"Show me the documents which says the land is under my name" what was Rania thinking. I said asking for the documents.

He gave me a set of documents. I looked through it carefully. Apparently according to this document Rania had transferred the ownership of the land and house to me. But is this a fake document?