.16

"Madison?" he asked me, stepping forward

"Madison?" he asked me, stepping forward. "Is that you?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pulling the door closer to me.

"I've been in town for a while, trying to find you after I heard about Asher," he trailed off. "It took your mother a while to finally give me your address."

"If your expecting a welcome home parade then I'm so fucking sorry but that's not happening."

He seemed shocked, his eyebrows raising. "What a mouth you've got, probably because you live here with all these boys."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"I want to talk to you."

"About?"

"Well, about us, about me," he said awkwardly. "I want to repair our relationship."

"You think you can just walk back into my life like you were never gone?" I asked him. "Sorry, but that's not happening either. You can't just decide when you think it's appropriate to bid your children hello."

"You're smart," he smiled softly. "So was Asher."

I started to shut the door, but he caught it, starting to come inside. "No, you don't."

"Can we please sit down and talk like adults?" He begged as he stepped back onto the steps.

"You lost the right to be respected by me the moment you decided that money was more important that your children, so no, we cannot sit down and talk like adults."

He scribbled something on a card and handed it to me. "This is where I'm staying, if you need anything, that's where I'll be."

"I don't care, can you leave now?"

He nodded, leaving the house. I closed to door, tossing the card onto the floor.

"Who was that?" JC asked me, his eyes meeting mine.

Tears started to blur my vision as his figure went sideways. "My dad."

***

I dug through my clothes, searching for that one hoodie. My favorite hoodie. I couldn't find it anywhere and it was pissing me off.

I had an idea, tiptoeing to Kian's room, who was knocked out from the alcohol consumed the night before.

I paused in front of his door, my fingers hovering over the keypad.

0-8-1-3-1-2

The door clicked open and I tiptoed inside, searching the ground for my hoodie.

It was black and had 'Stoney' printed across the front, representing my love for Post Malone.

I spotted a black hoodie, pulling it from the pile of clothes, looking at the front. Not it.

Kian shifted in bed, turning over, laying on his back. I dug through one more pile, finding another black hoodie that wasn't mine.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kians voice scared me, causing me to trip over something and hit the floor.

"I'm looking for my fucking hoodie." I grumbled, grabbing the final black hoodie from the floor.

I saw the red print on the front, not glancing at Kian. I started for the door but his voice stopped me.

"Madi, wait.."

I turned around and looked at him. He was laying on the side of the bed, squinting at the light.

"What?" I asked, pulling the hoodie over my head.

"Can you come lay with me? Please?"

I took a step forward, about to get into bed with him, but I stopped myself.

"No."

My fingers wrapped around the doorknob, leaving the room. I left the door cracked and being the extremely good fucking person I am, I filled a glass with water and grabbed a bottle of pain killers.

I went back into his room, setting the water and pain killers on his bedside table, pulling his covers over his body.

I leaned down, pressing my lips against his forehead. I quickly left the room before he woke up again, heading downstairs to my meeting.

My meeting was boring, we just went over how to increase my social blade and organized a collab with different YouTubers.

After my meeting, there was a car out front and I suspected that it was the Merrell twins, but I was wrong.

I figured one of the six boys would be filming, so I was quiet when I came inside.

I heard someone laugh as I turned the corner, expecting to greet one of the Merell twins, but stopped in my tracks, my words catching in my throat.

Then, I met the blue eyes of Meredith motherfucking Mikelson.