.29

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

The knife was pressing against my throat too hard, I couldn't breathe.

His fingers were pressing into my hip, squeezing too tight, it hurt.

I tried to push him away but I couldn't, he was too strong. I tried to scream out for Kian but the knife was cutting off any words.

He was in the house, he was going to kill me. He was going to kill all my friends. All because I gave him my wallet.

"After I kill you, I'm going to walk into your little boyfriend's room and slit his throat," he growled, his chest pressing against mine. "He's going to suffer."

"Please," I breathed, my breath getting cut off. "Please don't hurt him."

"Oh, honey, I already have."

Kian laid on the floor, blood forming around his head, a large cut cutting over his throat.

"No, no, no," I said, sliding down to the floor. "Why-"

His eyes were wide open and staring at me. He was telling me it was my fault. I knew it was my fault, I was the reason all my friends were in danger.

"Madison." He said as I let out a loud sob.

"Madison."

I opened my eyes, looking up and seeing Kian hovering over me. I let out another sob as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down on top of me.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked into my neck as I cried.

"I-I saw you-" I choked on my tears. "You were dead."

"No, I'm right here, I'm alive, Madi."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. "I'm not going anywhere."

I could feel my body shaking as the tears strewed down my face. "Please don't let go."

He dug his face in my neck as his chest pressed against mine. "Never."

***

I woke up the next morning engulfed in his warm arms. An instant smile pulled at my lips at the feeling of being close him.

Until the events of the previous night hit me.

Shivers broke out across my body as realization hit me. And just like that, my bliss was gone.

I looked up at Kian's face, a gasp coming from my mouth. I hadn't realized how bad Nick got him.

His beautiful face was a disaster.

A bruise spread from his eyes, arching over his cheekbone on the right side of his face, a gash taking up the left side of his forehead, and a split lip.