chapter 6

As he lay on the dirt bleeding to death, thoughts run through his mind ‘is this the end’ ‘why was he even given this power if he can not save the one person he loved’ ‘is all of this even worth fighting for’ ‘was all he had to endure for nothing’, at the end he closed his eyes as he fell into a deep slumber.

Kane opens his eyes to find himself in a ball ‘is this heaven’, he thought to himself, there were people dressed in fancy clothes dancing and singing some ate while some drank, all of them look happy and excited, most of them had the same dragon tattoo on their arms; a red Chinese dragon.

he saw a pregnant woman coming towards him smiling, her eyes shine bright, her brunette hair fell upon the air in slow motion, the crowd on the stage parted as she walks in her gorgeous red dress, she was truly beautiful, she reached and kiss his lips, it was then he realised that he was not in control of his body.

“So how is my little baby boy?”

“Thank you for asking, we are both perfectly fine”

“Excuse me”. A voice that Kane recognize said behind them, they both turned to see Zachary standing but he was way too young Compared to how he was when Kane first met him.

The lady packed his cheek before leaving them to talk.

“We need to talk somewhere private”

“Ok”

“No problem let's go to my office”. The both of them went to another part of the building where is silent,

“I finally completed this spell”

“I thought I told you to stop meddling with things that you don't fully comprehend”

“Well, it’s already being done”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I tested it and it works”

“You absorbed another dragon that is not part of your line, impossible. what are you planning zach?”

“I only want to be stronger”

“We have to tell Julius, we cannot betrayal our king”

“You are my closest friend, I thought you would understand, you know what will happen if you tell Julius”

“I will talk to him nothing will happen”

“Well at least I tried”, he placed his index and middle finger on his tattoo on his hand as his dragon comes to life

“Do it”

“Do what”, screams were heard from the ball room, Kane reaches there, what he saw nearly made him vomited, the stench was awful, there was blood everywhere. kids, women, men everyone was been torn limb from limb by Zachary’s familiars, the entire ballroom was engulf in a raging fire, Kane didn’t know these people but he felt this connection to them like they were family, seeing their death broke his heart and spirit all over again; he wished he was in control but he wasn’t. Kane rushed to look for that woman he rushed through the stairs following her energy; he found her hiding in their bedroom with a gash on her arm.

“Tiana are you ok?”

“Bel I’m fine, the baby is ok too, what's happening?”

“Zach betrayed me he intends to wipe out my entire line, just use the ripper’s curse”
“But I won't be able to come back”

“Don’t worry I will find a way to come back to you and my unborn child we will always be together my love”

“Come with me”

“It’s my duty to stop him, he's my friend and he killed everybody, I cannot let that go Tiana, and if I die today tell them Belfire fought for his people”

“Come back to me Bel, make sure you come back to me”

Belfire walked down the stairs through the fire to face his best friend, at the end he is weak, ‘will I be able to kill him after all we've been through’, Belfire steps through the crumbling house as Zachary and his eight familiars stood before him, he fought all nine of them, after a bloody long battle he killed eight of the familiars leaving only him and Zachary.

“You truly are a formidable opponent Bel, I didn't want to do this but your end has come”.

Zachary release the energy absorbed from the remaining Kalnazar, it merge with his Zenobea's energy making him overwhelmingly powerful, at the end of the battle Belfire was defeated

“We live in an entangled paradox zach, breaking the chain will cause repercussions even you can't foresee”

“I don't care; I am going to be the strongest Dragonear this world has ever seen”. the look in his eyes showed true insanity, ‘when did all of this begin i wonder, I guess this is the end so he never intended to spare me from the beginning’, he just chuckles ‘oh; how I wish I saw that boy, protect him kalnazar and one day you shall get your revenge’.

Zachery placed his hands on Bel's forehead and absorbed his dragon “farewell old friend” Kane wakes up to find himself in front of the kalnazar dragon, it was huge, power and majesty radiated from the dragon “now you know what happened; now you know who your enemy is, defeat him and restore balance or futuria will be destroyed”.