Speak!

Before I start writing this chapter, can I just say that 8K reads is just amazing and makes my heart swell?  Seriously, I never thought this novel would get this much attention, and I have gotten a lot of updates on votes.  Thank you!  Don't forget to check out my other, not-so-well-written novels!  I think they could use some criticism.

Okay, on with the story... if you don't want anything violent, skip the italics please!

Slowly, the monster creeps up to me and grabs my wrist, his eyes a blood red as he flowers down at me, blood dripping down his mouth.  "Speak, b*tch!"  He screams before slapping me so hard I would have fallen to the ground if it hadn't been for his hold on my wrist.  "Talk to me!"  He starts punching me repeatedly and the only question in my mind is 'why can't he understand?'  He lets go of my wrist and my knees buckle, body going down as this nightmare only gets worse.  "You lying piece of sh*it, get your *ss back up and do as I say!"  He yanks me back up and pulls his fist back, preparing for another punch when a voice echoes loudly all around us.

"Khione!"

"Khione, wake up!"

"Please, Khione!"

I open my terrified to see Hots straddling me, one of his hands holding my wrists above my head and the other caressing my cheek.  "Oh, thank god," he murmurs, closing his eyes and resting his forehead against my own, clearly oblivious to the awkward position we are currently in.  "Are you okay?" I nod, a blush creeping up onto my lips as Hots sighs. He then brings his head back up and looks down, noticing my blush before looking at our positions. "I am sorry," he mutters before hurriedly releasing my wrists and sitting up, adjusting my legs so they no longer splay on both sides of him and are now just on one.  "That must have been weird for you."  I nod again before laying down on my stomach, ready to get back to the terrible nightmare I just had.

Instead of leaving, though, Hots lays down and pulls me closer to his cold body. Then, when his chilly touch does nothing but comfort me, I become even more confused. How does his touch comfort me when he's cold? Why does his touch not hurt but everyone else's does?

When will I have an answer to all of these questions?

————————————————————

Opening my eyes, I think how I never even realized I had fallen asleep as I look up at Hots as he soundly sleeps.

Then I get scared.

I don't even know his name, yet he knows everything about me. He knows almost every darkest secret of mine. He knows why I can't talk, he knows about Calvin, heck, he found out where I go to school and live!

Oh, geez. Just what kind of situation have I gotten myself into? I certainly don't need to be living a life with strangers and vampires.

Hots starts stirring and I close my eyes, pretending to still be asleep and he places a hand on my cheek. "I'm going to keep you protected, Khione. I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you again," I hear him whisper before I feel the bed rise, the soft padding of footsteps indicating he's leaving. Only when I hear the bedroom door open and close do I sit up, opening my eyes and gazing in an empty chamber. I think it's about time I learn more about him instead of assuming vampires are real. Who would be willing to tell me though?

After changing into a red gown, I leave my room and start exploring on my own, attempting to familiarize myself with the place despite being confused multiple times by the extravagant hallways. Think Ouran High School Host Club extravagant, actually. These hallways are very similar to that.

Just wait, the author is going to be Hots's best friend. That would be awesome. (I don't own Ouran High School Host Club, though I wish I did)

Believe it or not, pretty soon I'm familiar with the majority of the castle despite my cliche theory that I wouldn't and Hots would have to come save me.  Overall, I become bored again because there is no longer anything to do.  Well, up until I find the Music Room.

Oh gosh, this really does sound like Ouran High School Host Club.

(And... another short one. I'm sorry. I was gonna try and get 2000 words in but I cannot even write a good enough chapter for you. I had actually taken a break in hopes I could get my mojo back and I failed. I failed you guys. 😢 I only got 803 words in...)