Episode 9

Bambi's PoV-

I was dusting the bookshelves in the young master's study when he walked in holding a large camera in hand. "What is that, Master?" I raised my eyebrow at the boy from where I stood on the ladder, right by the top shelf. Ciel looked around before looking up to see me. "It's a camera." He stated blandly. I giggled at his tone. "I meant, what's so special about it?"

"What makes you think it's special?" He challenged. "Because you wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't." I simpered, knowing I was right. He scoffed at me and reached out an arm as I was stepping down the ladder. Taking his offered appendage, I felt his soft hand in mine and let go swiftly, fearing that I would blush if I held on any longer.

"This is a camera said to have been in the famous Talbot's collection." He said, pushing the camera towards me. "Talbot? Sounds familiar." I murmured, taking in the accordion-like appearance of the camera. "It's got a story to it." I looked up into Ciel's uncovered eye, curious. "It was missing for some time, but I heard it was coming up at auction and went to great pains to get it." I snapped my fingers as I remembered the name. "William Henry Fox Talbot. He was an English scientist and one of the inventors of photographic technology." I thought I saw a glimmer of pride flicker across Ciel's cerulean orb, but it was gone in seconds.

"There were queer rumors about the last camera he used. Legend has it that when you photograph someone with this camera, whomever he thinks of most fondly will appear in the picture... perhaps." I frowned at the last word Ciel used. "What do you mean, 'perhaps'?"

"The only loved ones that the camera will show are otherworldly beings. In other words, the dead." I gasped at his words. The dead?!

Shaking my head in amusement, I headed out the door with a wave to the earl who watched me leave. As I closed the door, I didn't notice a conniving smirk grow on his face as he hatched a plan to take a picture of a certain somebody.

*****

I was in the library organizing the books that had been lying about on the ground when I felt as though I was being watched. Shaking off the feeling, I began dusting the shelves and sweeping the floors.

As I was fixing a vase of flowers, I could've sworn I heard muttering from inside a bookcase. I look around quickly, and upon spotting no one in the room, I took my leave, smiling at the spotless and sparkling room before I closed the door behind me.

I felt like I was being followed as I went around, cleaning each room like I was ordered to do earlier that morning. As I was placing a red tablecloth down, the door to the room I was in slammed open, revealing Finny pushing a billiards table towards me. I gasped and backed away, nearly getting caught by the edge of the wooden table.

As Finny crashed through the wall, destroying it and flying outside, I run over to the downed gardener, worried. "Finny!" I called, rushing out to him. I shook his unconscious form and giggled when I saw him sleeping.

As I was reorganizing the pantry, I heard the bell for the young master's study go off. I quickly made my way up there to see what he needed. Upon knocking on the door, I waited until I heard his okay before going in.

I step into the room and see a large dollhouse sitting on his desk. I bit back a smile and turned to the earl, who was sitting in his chair. "Did you need something, Master?" I asked, my hands clasped as I walked up to his desk. "It came undone." Was all he said. "P-Pardon?" I asked, dumbfounded by his words. He raised his head and I saw his navy blue neck tie was untied and hanging around his pale throat.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes as I knelt down and swiftly tied it into a neat knot. I saw magenta hair from the corner of my eye and turned to face the closed window, seeing nothing. Looking back at the young boy before me, I blushed at the proximity between us, before moving over to the window and opening it. I gave a small smile back towards the young earl. "Let's let the room air out a bit." I suggest.