Episode 12

Ciel's PoV-

Sebastian was sitting, legs crossed, on the window sill. A slight smile was on his face, a taunting glimmer in his eye. "Take that back, Sebastian." I glared at the demon across from me. I despised what he had said. It doesn't matter. He's right. You will lose her. I'll make sure of that. I felt my eye widen at the voice's promise. I'm no voice in your head, kid. I'm as real as you. I made your little girlfriend. Made her what she is. I can tear her down, kill her, destroy her. She's mine. She belongs to me. Who are you? The voice merely laughed. You'll meet me soon. Sooner than you think.

"Take what back?" Sebastian's question pulled me out of my thoughts. "That jeer!" I scowled. "Young master, you told me you would be taking care of some trifling business. Was that 'business' to save an expendable maid? Something that can be easily replaced?" His crimson gaze narrowed slightly. "Take. It. Back." I gritted out. "My lord?" His head tilted ever so slightly, his raven black hair shifting in the breeze from the open window. "Bambi isn't expendable! She's--" I cut myself off. What is she exactly? "If I may, you are always stating that everyone around you is your pawn. How is she any different?" He knew what he was asking. I feel that he has the answer that I'm looking for. Why do I care for her so much?

"Didn't you say at the Frost Fair that your body and your ring had already been shattered and reborn? That you were far past being afraid of shattering?" My glare hardened at his words. "That's right. Don't recite my words back to me." I saw a faint smirk light up his face. "My apologies. However, perhaps this time, you don't wish for something else to shatter?"

"What are you on about?" I clenched my jaw. "Maybe this time, you don't want your heart to shatter." His grin was devilish as looked down at me. I balled my hands into tight fists and I felt myself shaking in anger. I opened my mouth to say something back, however a familiar tune cut me off.

"Build it up with iron and steel, iron and steel, iron and steel. Build it up with iron and steel, my fair lady." I turned around just in time to see the door I had used to get here burst open to reveal dozens of dolls. They began to march towards Sebastian and I as the song continued on in the background. "Was Grell defeated?" I gasp, backpedaling.

"I see, so he is controlling them with his tone? In that case..." I watched from the corner of my eye as Sebastian walked from his perch and over to me, standing guard in front of me as the dolls continued towards us. The demon clasped his hands together and closed his eyes, standing still. Before I could order him to fight them off, he opened his mouth and began to sing.

"Iron and steel will bend and bow, bend and bow, bend and bow. Iron and steel will bend and bow, my fair lady." As he sang the dolls stopped their progress and began to sway back and forth. He continued to sing as he walked between the sea of dolls, bending their heads sideways, making them fall to the ground, useless. He walked around in a circle until he ended up back in front of me, finishing off with a kneeling bow.

I rolled my eye and glared down at the show-off of a demon. "Who are you calling a lady?" I scowled at him. His eyes opened and he stood back up, hand off his chest. "Let us depart, young master." Sebastian stated, beginning to walk towards me. "No. Ciel Phantomhive is my master's possession now." We turned to see Drossel standing behind the pile of collapsed dolls. "'Possession'? I am not a--" He cut me off. "The proof is the ring on your finger. I can tell. The Hope piece is a present my master sends to those who will be made into dolls." His blank amethyst gaze made an image of Bambi's twinkling lavender orbs flash into my mind.