Chapter Fifteen

They both stood on the cliff that overlooked the ant like shinobi. They had run away as fast as they could. Before everything had ended, Sasuke told Sakura he wanted to talk with her alone.

"What did you need to say, Sasuke-kun?"

"It's about me returning to the village."

"Oh it'll be fine, Lady Tsunade can work something out I'm sure of it!"

"It's not going to work like that, Sakura." Her face lost the light as she already knew the outcome. There was a sad pause as she looked at her feet.

"So is this farewell." It was quiet once again before he spoke again.

"No."

"Then what is it Sasuke! Are you going to leave me again, for some stupid path that isn't even worth following! Are you going to disappear and return out of the blue when I've already moved on? If you are going to leave me again, then I don't ever want to see! It hurts too much, and you should know that! If you can't keep that promise we made so many years ago, then just break it already!"

Before Sakura could rant on more about the pain that he had caused her, Sasuke quickly cupped her face in his hands. Protests of the sudden action were subsided as he placed his lips against hers. Both of their mouths were dry from the dust in the air, but they were hot from the angst.

They stood together, now pressed against each other with their lips locked. Whatever anger they had for one another, whatever sadness or pain was being poured out from their kiss. He moved his face only a short distance from hers as they breathed out heavy gasps. The green eyes he always knew looked at him with a loving daze that quickly turned into desperate confusion.

"Come with me, Sakura."

"What?"

"I want you to come with me. If I can't go back to the village, and you still desire to be with me then we'll go away together."

"But where Sasuke?"

"It's one of the Uchiha hideouts that only Uchiha blood can find. An island off the water line of the land of fire, and you'll be safe there. We can stay there however long you want."

"What about the village. What about our home?"

"I don't know but whatever happens, happens. As long as were together."

"My parents though." Sakura said with sadness thinking to how much they would all miss each other.

"I'm sorry Sakura, but this is the best I can do. You and I both know I can't go back to the village without being prisoned or executed." Sakura pulled away from Sakura as she turned to look towards the frantic shinobi.

"Hey Sasuke."

"Yes, Sakura."

"Do you love me?"

"I love you, Sakura."

"When did you know you loved me? Was it when we first met?"

"No it wasn't. I thought you were another one of those annoying girls like Ino, but the more we met the more I began to see you weren't like them. You were more kind hearted then any of them."

"But when did you know, Sasuke." Sakura said as tears began to blur her vision.

"The day we became Team 7 for I knew it must have been fate. Even though I was still filled with anger and vengeance, the moment you hinted that your dream was still me I caved in. Those days were possibly the best, because of you I forgot almost everything." The tears streamed down her face as she turned around to face the Uchiha.

"But you still left! In the end you left me even though you promised you wouldn't! You threatened to demolish the village and the people within! What do you say to that huh! Are you just trying to get my hopes up for nothing, than betray me and the village all over again! I wish I never had even met you that day in the-"

"I did it to protect you!" Sakura was taken aback to the sudden defense. "Don't you see, I did it to protect you." Sasuke looked away so he wouldn't have to see the hurt in her expression.

"Sasuke, what are you trying to say."

"I did it," He took a deep breath before he would come out with the truth of the last day he had seen his innocent Sakura. "to protect you. Obito threatened to kill you. That seal that was on your neck, the one that almost killed you, was always there. Ever since the Chuunin exams and ever since Orochimaru gave me the curse mark. I only did it to protect you, so he wouldn't kill you. My plan was to become strong enough to kill him, but when he captured you I knew that I would still have to follow in his bloody foot prints. I just didn't want any of my precious people to die again!" There was silence as Sakura thought back to the times from before everything.

She too remembered a kind sweet boy that would do anything for anything and anyone he loved. That was the Sasuke she remembered, and he was now standing in front of her.

"This is why you should always tell me how you feel, because if you don't I can only think of the worst possible things you know!" Sakura shouted as she ran towards the scared boy. Wrapping her arms around him, he clutched her back with his hands. The alliance was getting closer to the cliff as they stood in each other's embrace. As they finally arrived underneath the edge, they both walked together side by side. Everyone looked up as they questioned what was happening.

"Sakura! Sasuke! What are you doing? We've been looking everywhere for you!" Naruto yelled up to his two team mates.

"You've pissed me off enough Uchiha! I'll kill you where you stand!" The raikage yelled with anger.

"Stand down and let me handle this!" Tsunade barked after him. Everyone stood still as Sakura began to speak, but more directly to the people from the leaf, the ones she was more closer to.

"Naruto, take care of the village."

"What are you talking about Sakura?" He questioned hesitantly.

"I'm not coming back to the village with everyone, nor is Sasuke-kun. You don't have to worry about us though. We plan to take care of each other."

"But Sakura, you can't just leave the village for Sasuke!"

"I want to Naruto. I'd rather be with Sasuke then return to my own home."

"Why though, why would you want to go with him!" A strong fist hit the blonde against the side of the head as he held the injury with his hand.

"You're an idiot don't you know Naruto!" Ino yelled at the dumbfounded boy. "They love each other!" Ino mumbled things to herself that others couldn't hear as she continued her original stance.

"Whaaaaaat!" Naruto yelled as he looked around frantically as others made no reaction. "Am I the only one who didn't know this!"

"Shut up dobe." Sasuke muttered annoyed.

"You shut up teme!" Naruto yelled back to the boys sly remark. Everything calmed down again before Sakura utter her last words.

"I hope that we will both be able to return to the village someday, but until then I hope that we all continue on with our dreams." Sakura smiled before her and Sasuke turned around away so no one could see their faces. They had both been stopped as Tsunade yelled out,

"You know what this means Sakura! What your status will be considered as if you go with him!" The silence was long, as her pink hair shook in agreement. The two walked off in peace, for nobody would be interested in capturing them now.