Chapter Twenty-Three

Five Years Later

The park was filled with children running around, playing all types of games they could come up with their infinite imaginations. Their mothers chatted with one another as well to keep a close eye on their kind.

Two newcomers made their way to the park hand in hand. The mother had long pink hair that was tied back in a low ponytail, while wearing a red dress similar to what she wore when she was young, but had a different crest on her back.

At her hand was a small girl with short black hair colour hair like her fathers and red glasses that protected her mothers eyes. She wore a salmon sweater with a matching pink skirt and the average black open toed sandals. They walked together with sincere smiles on their faces as they reached the park filled with other children.

"Mom, can I go ahead to play with everyone else?" The young girl asked as she looked up to her mother.

"Go ahead I'll be sitting on the bench." She smiled back down to her daughter, as she jumped with joy running to join the other children. The other mothers saw that she arrived, and waved to call her over.

"Sakura come over here!" Ino yelled out enthusiastically while flailing bother her arms in the air. Beside the blonde sat Hinata, Tenten, Temari and Kurenai. Sakura waved back, with a gentle smile to match. She sat down beside her closest friends, quickly joining into the conversation.

"Temari, I didn't know you were here I thought you went to the sand with Shikamaru?" She asked as she noticed her friends quick return.

"We were going to stay longer, but Shikamaru didn't want Shikadai to miss the opening ceremonies so we came back early." Temari answered quaintly as she watched her own child play on the grounds.

"I can't believe tomorrow we'll be taking our own kids to the opening ceremony. It seems like we were just going to ours ourselves!" Ino exclaimed as she admired the small children running around. Kurenai laughed lightly as she watched the woman in front of her that had only been children those years ago.

"They sure grow up fast don't they." She muttered quietly to herself as the others talked amongst themselves, only Hinata noticing her voice.

"What was that Kurenai sensei?" Hinata asked softly.

"Oh nothing, I was just talking to myself." She answered back with a genuine smile, Hinata returning the same one. Sakura turned to face Hinata who was another of her closest friends, and the wife to Naruto, the sixth hokage.

"Hinata, where is Naruto?"

"He's at the mansion as usual. He's been working on a lot of paper work lately, actually he told me to tell you that he wanted to see you before the ceremony tomorrow."

"Thanks for letting me know, I'll go see him on our way back home."

"I'll walk with you then, Boruto wanted to see his dad too."

"Sakura! You want to join us tomorrow!" She quickly turned to face Ino who shouted out suddenly from behind.

"To do what?"

"We're going to take the kids out for dinner with everyone to celebrate their entrance to the academy." She answered ecstatically. Sakura thought for a moment, wondering whether or not she should attend the special event. With no other blocks in the way she thought of nothing else to get in the way.

"Sure why not!" She replied joyfully. The mothers continued to talk of upcoming events, recent events, about their children, and helpful tips to make things easy for everyone until Hinata's son, Boruto came running to them in excitement.