Chapter two

I quietly make my way down the steps and into the small kitchen.

"Couldn't sleep Anna?" My mother asks me as I enter the room.

"Uhm.. Well not really I mean-"

"It's okay. You don't have to pretend for me. It only happened two damn weeks ago!"

I look up into her sad eyes and tear stained face. God, this must be hell for her. First my father leaving, and now with Lana gone...

"You don't have to act like your so strong either! All you do is sit in your room crying! I know you must be dying inside, but I still need you, okay?"

I see tears welling up in her eyes. Oh god Anna, look what you did now!

I step forward and pull her into a hug.

As I turn to leave the room, I can't help but think of how dead this house is now. It used to be so happy and full of life, until..

~~flashback~~

"Hey Lana, you okay?" I ask my sister.

She smiles.

" Yeah, im fine Anna. You don't have to  ask-"

"I saw you crying." I interupt.

"You what-" She starts.

"I saw you crying. I know you aren't okay Lana. Please, instead of trying to shut me out again, tell me why you were crying." I say quietly.

"Anna it's not a big-"

"Lana why the hell won't you just tell me for once?!?" I yell.

She sighs.

"Okay! I tell you!" She yells back.

I smile as she sits next me.

"I saw dad today."

I gape, my eyes almost popping out of my head.

"You what-" I start.

"You wanted me to tell you, so don't interupt me when I try Anna!" She yells.

"Okay, okay! I promise I won't interupt again! Just please tell me!" I reply.

"I saw dad today when I was leaving school. He tried to talk to me but I refused. He told me that he couldn't contact mum so he was trying to see if I would listen to him. I knew he was going to try to apologise, but I was stuborn and didn't want to hear it.

I said "It's to late. Don't try to apologise now! Do you know how much pain mum went through? That we all went through because of you?! Well guess what? We don't need you anymore! We are doing just fine without you! Plus, what motivated you to leave your beautiful wife and two daughters behind so suddenly? We are tired of you! Were done with your secrets! So get the hell out of my life!"

Then he started crying. I wouldn't budge though. I walked away. I left him there all alone like he left us. Maybe he knows how we feel now."

I stare at her in shock, with tears welling in my eyes.

I notice that she is crying too.

"Lana, Im so sorry. I would have done the exact same thing."

I try to hug her but she pulls away. Again.

~~~~~~~~

I shudder, trying to forget that memory, but for some reason I can't. Maybe it's because it was one of the very few times that Lana ever opened up to me. But little did she know that that was the whole reason I was so protective of her. I didn't want to see her hurt like I did. I didn't want her to cry. I loved her to much to see her hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading! I promise I will try to make chapters longer too! comment and tell me what you think.. Idk enjoy Ed Sheeran (my king) on the side, Im obesessed with this song idk..:)

- Sarakate:)