Chapter 1

"Diamond come on"  Jazzy rushed me.She was half way on the city bus and I was running behind her as per usual.

"I'm trying man" I finally boarded the bus and paid my fare as the bus driver hastily pulled off.

"Why you so slow girl"

"Oh shut up" I said as I sat down next to her.

Getting on the City bus and being late everyday was the struggle ever since Jazzy and I got hired at Rue 21 in the mall.We didn't live to far from the mall but were to lazy so we were at the mall with in minutes.

We got off the bus and headed into the mall.

"Girl are we going shopping after work again or do you wanna go look at that new DSW shoe store"Jazzy said

Jazzy with her caramel skin colored as was the true definition of a shopaholic ,but she was a bargainer.However,unlike some of the shit fake bitches be bargaining for her shit is actually real.Her style was strange one day she would be Gucci out the next day she would be forever 21 all dressed up. I never understood that about her ,but I did love her for her since of style.

"Hey Jazz.Hey Diamond." 

"Hey"Jazz and I replied when we walked into work.We proceeded to walk to the back so we could put or coats and bags in our lockers.

"Ready to see what comes in here today"Jazz said to me.I shook my head.I have seen some strange shit in this store.I have seen dirty panties left in changing rooms.I have seen the most ratchet weaves.I have seen the most ghetto tattoos and heard the most unintelligent ways to say so many things. Ayo do yall gots this in like uh like a triples XXL *insert annoying bird smack here* or nah * obnoxious laughing with her friends insert here* 

"I know sometimes its bad ,but think about about some of the good things girl"She smiled."Like your baby"

I smiled  "She aint my baby"

"Oh yes she is "She checked her watch "and Your baby should be here soon"

"Oh hush"I said and stoop behind the cash register.I kept thinking about My girl I swear she was the sexiest stud I have ever seen.Every single day she looked heela right from her snapbacks down to her  Jordans.Oh for the people that dont know to me a stud is a woman who dresses in mens clothing.

 I have always wanted her to ask me out but I have to admit me no likey rejection.

I looked at my watch and like clock work she entered the store.I smiled and began to make sure I looked right.

"Um hm she not yours tho"I heard Jazz say after I adjusted myself.

I ignored her and attempted to discreetly watch her wander around the store.Damn everything about her was on point to her black and white Dope snapback down to her Oreo's.She picked up a couple of shirts and started to walk towards me.

I glanced at Jazz who gave me a smile.

"Hey how are you?" She smiled and put the shirts on the counter.

I returned her smile " I am good how are you"I began to ring up her shirts.

"I am well I am just hungry.Do you know a place I can go eat?" She asked

"Well I really like this buffet place its over ther by bath and body works"I pointed to  behind her.

"That sounds good.Hey what your name?"

"My name is Diamond"I said and smiled.

"That's a pretty name.My name is Rhonda.When is you break?" 

"My break is in three hours."I said.

Omg is she asking me out?Please be asking me out.

"Can I find you here in three hours and we go to that place?"

"Um...Ok"I smiled.

 "See you then"She payed me and got her clothes and left.

I used to think her asking me out was the best thing that had ever happened to me would be that she asked me out.I didn't realize i had misjudged her and misjudging her may cost me my life.