Chapter Thirty Two

--------------------

Dedication: SuzieQooh for your nice comment on the story! Thank you!

Recap:

Her face drops for a moment. I turn my back to her and stride down the hallway, my heart beating loudly in my chest, towards at ashy-blond haired boy in a leather jacket.

He is my future. The chapter of mine and Samara's has closed and instead of dwelling on that sad fact, I need to move forward with Miles.

Because honestly, we're only in the beginning of ours.

--------------------

The soft feel of Miles' fingers rubbing circles in my shoulders makes me sigh in content.

"Mmm," I encourage with a smile. "Keep going."

"You're tense," he tells me with a frown.

"It's been a stressful week," I sigh.

It's Friday and I could not be happier that this week from hell is almost over. I don't know what was worse, having three assessments all due today, or having Samara continually make snide remarks to me, making me feel worthless. I'm so lucky to have Kiarra and Miles by my side, otherwise, I probably would have had an anxiety attack or an emotional breakdown by now.

I had only just accepted the fact that I've lost my best friend. I didn't expect to gain a bully. I should have expected things to be bad, but I didn't think it would be this bad. It seems like years of friendship means nothing to her.

"You definitely don't want to go to the party?" he asks me.

I lean back into his touch. He removes his hands from my shoulder and wraps them around my waist, planting his chin in the crook of my neck.

"I'd much rather spend the night with you."

He leaves a soft kiss on my skin and tightens his arms around me. "Sounds good to me."

I pivot so that I'm facing him. He keeps his arms secure around me as I peer up at him.

"Do you want me to talk to Finn about having you re-join the football team?"

He blinks in surprise for a few moments. "I don't think he wants me back."

"Things went okay on Monday right?" I ask him. "At Anger Management?"

"Yeah, I guess. We did sit together, but I was also the only other person he knew," he points out.

"But do you want to join the football team?" I ask. "Forget about everything and just think about what you want."

He cocks his head to the side, looking pensive. "Yeah. I would love that."

"Okay," I nod, standing on my tip-toes so that I can run my fingers through his hair. "I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks Is, but I can do it," he assures me. "I should be the one to talk to him about it."

"Okay, just let me know if I can help."

He smiles down at me, before kissing my nose. "We should go get a seat, before the grandstand fills."

I agree and lace my fingers with his. We make our way to the grandstand, my eyes scanning for Kiarra's mop of mouse brown hair. She waves at me. I ignore the piercing gaze from Samara as I walk past her.

"Hey Becs," I greet Becca, who is perched beside K.

She smiles back and offers me a pringle. I thank her and take a few, passing some to Miles.