The Queen Of My Heart

Summary: Claude Frollo prepares for Esmeralda's burning but finds himself unable to attempt such a feat, his heart protesting. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Hunchback of Notre Dame or any of its plots and characters. This is simply for entertainment purposes. All rights belong to Disney and Victor Hugo.

Song: The Queen of My Heart by Jetlag Productions on The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Is she real?

This lovely girl who makes me feel this

As though I've taken wing and flown away

To another land where she will understand

The words of love I'm trying so hard to say

Frollo sat at his desk in his office, muttering to himself as he ripped off his hat. Rubbing his face with his hands, he let out a scream of frustration. He had finally found the Court of Miracles, finally found where the gypsies had been hiding. After twenty years. He had her in his clutches. He had Esmeralda right where he wanted her. He had the gypsies. He had her and he was going to give her a choice.

He so desperately wanted her to choose him. He wanted her, yearned her... Loved her. He had fought the feeling, pushing it down as if it was her doing and it was though the feelings were fake.

The Minister knew otherwise at this point. He knew and hated but loved the fact. "This gypsy shall be the death of me," he whispered, growing annoyed as he let out a yell and with a swift movement, he threw all the contents of the desk noisily onto the stone floor.

The judge glared at the fireplace at the other side of the room, watching the flames. A feeling of deja vu consumed him. He could have sworn that he saw a figure moving and dancing gracefully, sinfully in the hearth.

Standing, Frollo went to inspect the flames. The smoke emitting from the flames surrounded him as he clenched his eyes shut, images flashing as he collapsed to his knees, holding himself, sweat rolling down from a combination of the sinful, lustful fantasies that seemed to occur seemingly from nowhere and the fireplace roaring, almost as if it was alive.

As he imagined the fantasies, he knew that there were only two ways to get rid of the thoughts, to finally get peace ever since he saw her at the Festival of Fools.

The way she danced, her body skillfully moving to the sound of the music, her dress that left little to the imagination clung to her, showing off every beautiful curve, every detail. It was utterly enthralling.

A crown had been placed on her beautiful raven hair. The hair he longed to dig his hands into, to feel how soft it was, how smooth, how gorgeous.

Her eyes, her stunning eyes shone brilliantly in the afternoon. They sparkled and he found his own eyes could not leave her. He had been in a trance. She had put him under it and he hadn't wanted to be pulled from it.

Frollo needed her dead or his. He needed the knowledge that she would never tempt him ever again or forever be there with him. In his arms, there to please him and only him. To love him, to say she loved him, that she loved him and only him, no one else. Especially not the sun god, Phoebus.

He had grown to despise that captain. Well, ex-captain. He didn't deserve someone as beautiful, as stunning as Esmeralda. No one deserved her. But yet, everyone wanted her, sending a wave of jealousy throughout his body at the vile thought. He needed her and he was absorbed in his thoughts, he had begun to realize that she could not die. His heart simply wouldn't allow it for it craved her. It craved everything she had to offer. Her body, her love, her everything.