Chapter 8: Well

A/N: I'm sorry it's late... Again... I have writers block and school and a required fitness class after school and not enough sleep. Sorry! Thanks for sticking with me though! :P

Castiel was quiet, and his eyes were slightly unfocused, when Gabriel removed his fingers from the other angel's forehead. Cas took a shaky step back from the archangel and sank into a chair.

"Oh," he said. He seemed a little shocked. Then his eyes cleared and his expression turned angry. "I can't believe -- the -- they -- I'm going to rip Ketch apart with my bare hands," he declared. Jen wanted to cry. Glancing at Gabriel, she saw mostly anger. But not just directed at Ketch. She decided that she should probably speak before the angry archangel did.

"Yeah. Well, get in line," she joked halfheartedly. Cas looked up at her.

"Jennifer, you shouldn't--"

"What, be so violent? Get caught up in all of this? Too late for that, thanks to the brotato chip here," Jen delayed, trying to figure out what she wanted to say. "I... I don't..." haha, there it was: what she wanted to say, in all its glory. "I don't think you're focusing on the right thing here. And I think Gabriel agrees with me?" She said it like a question, glancing over at Gabe, who gave a narrow-eyed nod. Jen breathed a silent sigh of relief. "I mean, it's good that you're focusing on that and all, but, um, there's something kind of bigger that you maybe should be more upset about?" Jen suggested. "Ya know, like getting stabbed in the back by Satan, and not even metaphorically. I don't-- I cried actual tears when that happened, and I only saw it on a TV screen! I'm not going to stand by and let it happen when I have a chance to stop it. And you... you just saw your own death! I just... honey, most people would be way more freaked out by their own death. Anyway. Listen, I wanna kill Ketch as much as the next guy, but we'll get to that. As soon as Mary and Eileen are both here, and safe, we'll deal with the Brits. And then Satan. And then we'll deal with everyone's issues." Gabriel and Castiel both opened their mouths to protest, but Jen interrupted. "Yes, I mean everyone. Except maybe me, 'cause I get a magical free pass thanks to my beautiful rainbow unicorn powers. Shut up and find some cheese." There was a pause.

*awkward pause**awkward silence**awkward silent pause**awkward pause of silence**silently awkward pause*

"Cheese?" Cas asked quietly. Gabriel snorted.

"That's what you took away from that? Little bro, little bro! What am I going to do with you?" He exclaimed. "And yeah, Jennifer here is a fan of 'melted cheese sandwiches'." He winked at her. Cas tilted his head.

"Melted--"

"Whenever I try to make grilled cheese sandwiches, they burn, okay?" Jen defended. She glared at Gabriel, wishing she still had that penny to throw at him.

"Mmmhmmm."

"All right, and I'm lazy. Happy? Now I don't know about you two, but I'd like some lunch. And some music." Gabe immediately brightened even more.

"So can we have—"

"No!" Jen and Cas said together.

"Aww," Gabriel fake-pouted. "Fine. How about some real grilled cheese instead of microwaved bread, then?" He snapped his fingers, and there were five plates at the table, each with a perfectly crispy grilled cheese sandwich. Except one, which looked burnt. Very burnt. As if sensing Jen's confusion, Gabe leaned over and whispered, "That's for Dean." Jen rolled her eyes, but she had to admit, it was a little funny.

"Gabriel, you know I can hear you. I'm right here. Now... fix Dean's sandwich." Cas just looked exasperated at this point. Not that Jen could blame him. Gabriel groaned.

"For the love of Dad, you're a spoilsport! Fine, your boyfriend can have a nice sandwich too. Oh, and speaking of..."

Just then, Dean and Kelly made their way back into the room. Dean narrowed his eyes suspiciously when he saw the food.

"Gabriel, what'd you do to it?" he asked. Gabriel's expression turned to one of immense innocence.

"Me? Do something to your food? I have no idea what you're talking about!" Gabe exclaimed in a cheesy, fake-innocent voice.

"Shut up, Gabriel." Jen almost leapt for joy when she realized who'd said it. Sassy Cassie! Sassy Cassie! Sassy Cassie!, her brain chanted. She promptly ordered it to make like Gabriel and shut up.

Ugggghhhhhhh life. I neglected my chemistry homework for this, guys. Just so you know I'm not just  updating late because I'm lazy, lol. I have so much crap to finish before thanksgiving break. I think I'm going to have to modify the update schedule to "once a week", because I'm busy as hell. Love you guys, and as usual, thanks for reading!  ❤️