Chapter three

Yeah, I left you on a cliffy, but review the first chaper's L/N. I said Ratchet won't die in this book. The name for the planet is Winterra. Enjoy the third chapter.

**Same planet, different location**

He had seen the anomaly pass overhead, but Alister didn't expect much. He was about to turn away when he saw the meteor-or a ship?- enter the atmosphere and crash at the edge of the big ravine close by. Once it came to a complete stop, he could see it was a ship, and a familiar one at that. A big green thing exited, and the ship fell. Alister could have sworn something-orange maybe?-had tried to leave, but was caught by the falling aircraft and went down with it.

Curios, and wondering if this duo could help him find what he was looking for, the lombax decided to check it out.

Arriving at the crash site, the person that left the ship first is now at the bottom where said vehicle is. Alister, silently jumping down next to him, stood behind the humanoid and cleared his throat, causing him jump, turn and stare.

"Yes, I'm a lombax. Now, who sent you and why are you here?" Alister demanded. They stood eye to eye.

"Ratchet chose me to join him on a mission, and now I don't know what to do," the humanoid answered.

"What do you mean you 'don't know what to do'?" The lombax inquired.

"Uhhh, it's hard to explain, soooooo, I'll just show you." He stepped to the side, revealing a scene that Alister will have nightmares about for months.

The ship that the humanoid and this Ratchet arrived in is upside down, it's wings must have came off during the crash, but the worst part was the torso of a golden, maroon-striped lombax poking out from under the ship. The older lombax realized why the spacecraft was so familiar. It belonged to his beloved best friend, Kaden.

Alister was at his side in a moment, ordering the humanoid to lift up the ship, which he did, and pulled Kaden's son to safety, while the young lombax yelled in pain. Once a few yards away, he asked the humanoid who he was.

   "Captain Copernicus L Qwark," he responded with pride. His lombax friend began to stir, his eyebrows beginning to knit themselves together.

  "Clank?" Was the first thing he said, and it confused Alister. Qwark told him that Clank is his best friend. He thought of Kaden. Green eyes began to peek from beneath golden eyelids. "Where... where am I️?" He asked, not registering the lombax holding him.

"This is planet Winterra," Alister answers, not fully prepared for what Ratchet asks next.

  "Why can't I️ feel my legs?"

L/N

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

So... there's the next chapter. Yea, Ratchet is paralyzed, and it'll be bad at the worst of times. Which will be more into the book. Cya in the next one!

*leaves*