t w o

i stood up on the counter so i was in view of everyone and vice versa.

men sat around, throwing food at each other, laughing as i placed the metal whistle against my lips, blowing air through out. the room grew silent.

"alright, boys. coach o'brien won't be here for a little while and coach moore is in his office doing some paperwork, so today, i'll be running warm ups and practice!" i said giving everyone a welcoming smile.

the room filled with claps and whistles as i jokingly bowed.

"let's get started with some attendance, shall we?" i shout loud enough for the people in the back the hear my soft voice. "adam ackerman?"

i continued shouting each man's name until i reached one. kellyn marcs. he had been a player of my fathers ever since i was twelve and i had the biggest crush on him. i still thought he was attractive. he had slicked back hair that reached the middle of his neck. he stood at a clean six foot and had an athletic build. he had a smile that could make any girl melt, but that did not change the fact that he was a douche. it was only until i grew older and more mature that i realized how much of a womanizer he really was. it's a shame, truly.

"kellyn marcs?"

kellyn stood up and smirked.

"present." he winked.

i rolled my eyes and finished the list. everyone was present.

"alright guys, as you know, you all have a game in buffalo on wednesday. i hope you all packed your bags because, remember, we're leaving later today. if you didn't, you should have some free time during lunch or after practice to run home and gather your stuff. the flight leaves at 8:15 p.m. so the buses will arrive at around six. coach o'brien has your tickets and passports. everyone is roomed with their normal groupings, four to a room. we should land at around 10:35 p.m. which gives you guys about three or so hours to do what you'd like around the city. you already know the curfew is two o'clock. just be responsible, please. you have practice from ten a.m. to one p.m. the next day. afterwards, we have a press conference, meet and greets, interviews, and finally dinner with mayor byron brown. next day, it's game time." i lecture dropping the clipboard next to my feet and joining my hands. "you all know the routine, but incase any of that just flew past you, are there any questions?"

"will you be going?" kellyn yelled and chuckled with his friends.

"i always do." i state. "any other questions? alright, cool. everyone get in gear and meet me on rink C. practice begins in 10 minutes."

everyone shuffled to the locker room as i jumped off the counter.

"you know, you'd make a great head coach, o'brien." dannie says leaning against the stove, arms crossed.

i giggled, "i'll see you later, dannie."

walking to the women's locker room, clipboard in hand, i switched my converse with my skates.

i glanced in the body-length mirror and studied my reflection.

i was interrupted by the sound of my phone's ringtone.

"hello?" i place it against my ear and start walking out, towards the rink.

"hey, girly!" it was my best friend, marisa davies.

"hey, mari! what's up? why you up so god damn early?"

"i could ask the same thing. and it's my brother. i have to babysit him today while my parents are at work. do you mind if i bring him to watch the guys practice and have lunch with them? i don't know how to occupy the little snot."