f o u r

i couldn't sleep.

my thoughts were keeping me awake. i had fallen asleep for a good hour or so until i woken up by drunken hockey players stumbling down the hotel halls.

i tossed and turned, hoping to find a comfortable position to relax in. i couldn't find it.

i huffed and shot myself up, out of bed.

throwing on an oversized red sweater, i glanced at the blinking hotel clock.

'2:19 am'

i groaned slightly and slide a pair of black nike leggings on, followed by fluffy socks and my birkenstocks.

walking over to the hotel room door, i stop myself at the mirror hung on the painted walls. my once neat, blonde hair was now in two messy braids hanging on either side of my shoulders. my mascara was barely smudged.

i bit my lip and grabbed my white vineyard vines baseball cap that was lying on the ground. i tucked my phone and room key in my bra and headed, silently, out the door.

in the hallway, deep laughter could be heard from the surrounding rooms.

i quietly shut the door behind me and made my way to the nearest elevator.

i tapped my foot quietly as i waited for it to lower to the second floor.

ding

the doors opened revealing a drunken kellyn.

my eyes widened as he stared at me.

"what are you doing out past curfew, young lady? he chuckled.

i swallowed, "i could ask you the same thing, kellyn."

"i asked first."

"i was just gonna, well, i was gonna go check out the view from the lobby, thats all," i stuttered. "but i'll go back in my room."

i began to turn around as my body was pulled into the closing elevator.

i squeaked as the doors suddenly closed, kellyn placing his arm around me.

"why don't you hang out with me for a little bit?"

i rolled my eyes and gently pressed the ground floor button.

"god kellyn, you reek of booze." i whined, gagging.

"you love it." he laughed and looked at me with mischief in his dazzling eyes.

i impatiently waited as we arrived on the first floor and quickly ran from kellyn's grasp.

the lobby was quiet except for a few televisions quietly buzzing white noise.

from the corner of my eye, i saw the same handsome man at the reception desk as earlier.

he had a pen dangling from his pink lips as his eyes remained glued to his phone screen.

"what are you lookin' at?" kellyn's breath lingered on the back of my neck causing me to jump.

"god, nothing." i rolled my eyes.

kellyn raised an eyebrow and glanced over to the reception desk.

"you were looking at that boy over there, weren't you?"

"he's not a boy, he's a man. and no, i wasn't." i lied and began walking towards the desk, kellyn glued to my heels.