_outside.docx_

A/N: This is unedited and was finished at two in the morning. Sorry for any mistakes.

- Anxiety -

I don't know what I was expecting from Roman taking me outside the mind, but it definitely did not help that Thomas had just gone outside to go for a walk in the blinding sunlight.

"Jesus, Thomas," I hissed, shielding my eyes from the horrid ball of gas in the sky. "How can you stand this?"

Thomas merely smiled at me before his features melted into an expression of slight confusion at seeing the unlikely pair that was Roman and me together so out of the blue.

"Anxiety's not feeling good," Roman spoke for me. I frowned, responding with a snarky, "When did I say that?"

Prince refused to look at me for a moment.

"You needed some air, my anti-photosynthetic acquaintance. C'mon, I'm gonna take you somewhere." He spoke with a resolve that was not usual of him, a mix between forced chivalry and thoughtfulness.

"O-Okay," I stuttered out, eyes flicking to Thomas only to feel heat rush to my cheeks at his knowing smirk.

"Don't be long, you two!" He called to us as I took a few quick steps to hurry away and catch up with Mr. Royalty himself.

"Thank you, Thomas! I shall await our next encounter!" Prince called back. He clearly did not hear the underlying implications in Thomas's voice.

"Sooo, Roman," I began, feeling a burning sensation begin to prick at my arm. Ignoring it, I continued, "Where are you taking me?"

His expression melted into that weird, indifferent mix again.

"Somewhere."

I grumbled.

"Thanks for nothing, Prince Charming."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Jason Dean."

Ugh. Why is he so annoying?

***

- Third Person -

Thomas liked to walk around in a forest preserve a couple minutes away from his house, so when Prince and Anxiety began in the opposite direction, it took them awhile to get to the trailhead and out of the woods.

But Anxiety loved every second of it, of course. His eyes lit up ever so slightly upon seeing all the trees with their brightly colored leaves and elongated shadows that crept across the beaten ground like predators seeking their prey.

He found the chirping of the birds, rustling of the leaves, and howling of the wind all quite calming when put together in this painting-like scene. It made him want to curl up somewhere, close his eyes, and sink into the protection of his hoodie to escape whatever crazy escapade Roman was taking him on.

Speaking of the fanciful side, he had not once looked at Anxiety in the time that they left Thomas. He remained stiff and calculated, almost as if he was waiting for something - ever vigilant.

"Why are you taking me somewhere, anyway?" The darker trait wondered aloud, just barely being able to keep up with Roman's longer strides. "I thought you didn't like me."