12:05

It's been a week since Dei came back to us and so far it's been good. Too good if I'm being honest about it.

We've all settled into our old routines except that now Lily insists on sleeping with us in our room. Which actually works out perfectly for me because I'm still worried about being wholly intimate with my wife.

Don't get me wrong. I miss making love to Dei. I miss kissing her senseless. I miss hearing her breathe out my name as we both fall over the precipice. I miss watching her come undone.

I miss everything about my fiery, seductive Dei but right now, Lily needs her mother more than I need my wife. So I have taken to watching gross videos on YouTube before bedtime or only slipping under the covers when both Dei and Lily have already fallen asleep.

Last night when I came into our bedroom, Dei had Lily wrapped in her arms facing away from my side of the bed. Usually Lily sleeps between her mother and I, but that was not the case this time. Quietly, I slipped into bed, turned to face the other way and lulled myself to sleep with images of pimples being popped.

This morning, as I wake from another night of fitful sleep, I feel the bed dip so I slowly turn to lay on my back and watch as my daughter starts picking up all her stuffed animals before padding quietly off to her room to start her day.

Gently, I reach over to trace Dei's lips with my thumb. She smiles, eyes still closed, before moving closer to me to burrow against my side.  I gather her in my arms so I can lose myself in her scent of lavender and lilies.

She starts leaving soft kisses against my neck, her hands traveling down, exploring and caressing. Then she squirms upward to whisper in my ear.

"Mahal, is the Kraken awake?"

I growl low before giving in to the overpowering need to taste her skin and leave my mark against the soft caramel sheen of it.

Just as I'm about to begin reacquainting myself  with my wife's peaks and valleys, a voice coming from the foot of the bed jolts us both out of our sensual stupor.

"Tatay, I need to go number two."

*•*•*

Author's note: Next update on Friday, 2:30ish PM. Still on a Twitter break.