Five

After that amazing time with Ms. Wells everything else was boring and a typical day of you know, being pushed around, hiding and drawing inappropriate shit in my notebooks and the slurs. The typical day for good 'ole Will the Forgettable one, who can disappear and no one would even wonder where I went! I continued to make my way to the exit since its time to go home, where everything would be better and my mom (or dad) will shower me with kisses as they carry me to the kitchen revealing a table just filled with mouthwatering food. Except that's just my fantasy, when I was like what? Around 7 or 6 years old?

I was, like any kid at that age would cry when their parents fight or would beg their dad to not leave or the type of kid who believed their dad would come back. Usually the dad would come back, but not my dad. Well technically he did come back but, only to get his shit so he can move in with his new husband.

But back to reality, I sniffed the air, ah yes. The smell of rich people, poor people and other shit that cannot be identified because a person who's miserable , they're just too depressed to identify it (probably happiness).

I looked around,

"Are you fucking serious?" I muttered to myself as I noticed Caleb, my dad's new husband leaning on the usual red car. The brunet wearing the usual suit and tie to show he's a guy with very important shit going on in his life.

I groaned and covered my face "Where the hell is she?" I thought. I can bear Abigail, she doesn't bother me every fucking minute asking me questions wether if I want to do this or that. She at least leaves me alone unlike my clingy dare I call, father Michael Smith.

I  just took a deep breath and walked to him, he put down his phone when he noticed me and smiled. I smiled back and waved.

"Hey kiddo, how was school?" He said whilst ruffling my hair.

Just don't. Don't socialize with me.

"Just boring." I joked whilst rolling my eyes.

"School is supposed to be boring." He chuckled and opened the car door for me "Cmon, you must be hungry."

"Very." I jumped inside shotgun and Caleb closed the door then ran to the other side and sat in the driver seat.

"Good because Michael just cooked his infamous curry." He smiled and started the engine, "seatbelt" he then informed and I obediently follow.

The drive was quiet. The eerie silence of an awkward relationship with your stepdad type of silence. Nothing can be talked about, no words can be said nor was it an obligation to do so. Well technically Caleb thinks it's an obligation since it has a possibility of me picking him and Michael over Abigail (I rather die than pick one of them). Since there's a bit of a rivalry between them, Caleb basically put up a little competition without anyone's acknowledgements.

We drove past buildings, the skies were in this sort of crimson color in the horizon. The mix of blue and a bit of red were, weirdly calming to me. Many years have passed and I'm still loving that gorgeous sky.

Like my dead dreams.