The Young King

Aries sat in the conservatory playing his favorite song. It was an ancient song of death, war, and retribution. The song became graver and graver as Aries played until a finger slipped and he hit a wrong note. His eyes shot open and he stopped playing stepping away from the piano. He had let to much emotion out had thought to much about his mother how she played the song far more beautiful but she was long gone now leaving him behind with his father who made sure he made Aries life a living hell before he seemingly disappeared. 

He walked out of the conservatory heels clicking in the all too quiet and empty room. The halls were lively with chatter from passing ladies and lords they all nearly tripped when he stood in front of them. They bowed and hurried along as if Aries would kill them right there and judging by his reputation Aries couldn't blame them. He headed for his office on the top floor he had business to attend to. Aries office could have passed for a library if it was any bigger. Bookshelves filled with important documents lined the bottom floor and at the top was a second floor filled with more bookshelves with thousands of epics and poems. In the back was a plush window seat that had not been touched in nearly a decade. In the center of it all stood a large mahogany desk with papers swern about.

 Aries sat behind the desk looking at the map that sat in the middle of it all. He traced from his kingdom in the west to the east where Friela sat, the kingdom known as one of the happiest places on earth which was why Aries would take it. He had already conquered three other count. ries cutting down anyone who got in his way man or women children or the elderly he didn't care. He would build his empire one way or another. The plan was already in movement first Aries had sent spies to kill the royal family and now he simply waited for chaos to ensue so that he could step in and provide peace and assurance that everything was in control. 

That's all anyone ever wanted was to be reassured that everything was in control whether it was them or someone else controlling them. He sat back in his chair giving a reassuring nod to his map as if it were a living thing his empire was slowing coming into focus. A knock sounded at his door heavy but light a simple two knocks a soldier was at his door. 

"You may enter," Aries said still leaning back in his chair. Just as he thought a soldier entered wearing the black cape and red emblem caring an animal mask under his left arm. The soldier swallowed hard again giving Aries that silent plea as if he were on the chopping block. "Did you need something soldier or did you just come to gawk?" The soldier shook his head quickly. "Well then get on with it."

"A girl...your majesty."

"There are a lot of girls in my kingdom."

"Of course I...um... meant that a girl just came out of the black wood wearing a lavender gown."

"Lavender?"

"Yes your majesty." Aries furrowed his eyebrows this couldn't be possible.

"Bring her to me," he said and the soldier nodded and left. Aries stood ad smiled to himself this girl very well may be the person that hands him his empire.