Goodbye

The sky was gray the day she left. Aries felt sad all of the sudden a feeling that he had been estrange to for quite awhile. Aries stepped out into the grey world and hurried along Mae's carriage. "Make sure she's warm," Aries said to the coachmen to which he nodded. "Do not forget to make sure she's safe you stop for no one and if she's harmed you will be harmed as well."

"Of course your majesty," the coachmen said refusing to look into Aries eyes.

"Be kind to him," a voice said from behind him. Aries turned to find Mae standing their chin high and arms crossed. She waltzed over to him saying, "It doesn't hurt to smile sometimes." He flashed her a grin and she simply laughed a sound he had grown accustomed to. Mae shrugged on a black suit jacket which Aries recognized as his own. "Will I ever get that back?" Aries asked.

"Maybe," Mae shrugged "But I do enjoy this shade of black it really brings out my eyes." This time Aries smiled wide. "There it is," Mae said. They stood there for an awkward moment until Aries held out a bandaged hand Mae shook it with her own identical one, and they stood there hand in hand for a moment to long. "You have been on of my most excellent friends Aries."

"As have you." Mae gasped clutching her chest in surprise.

"Aries the feared called me his friend." Aries smiled again and again there was an awkward stretch of time until Cass came striding up to join them. "You couldn't leave without my goodbye," Cass said. Mae smiled and hugged him. Mae then turned to Aries and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek which left him blushing terribly. Mae stepped into the wagon and smiled at both of them. "Six months," Mae said with a smile as the coachman whipped the horse. Those two words stayed in his mind as he watched Mae ride off in that carriage. Six months it was. 

                                                                            The End