Chapter 6

Niall's POV.

"You should really stop going out with that girl," Luke tells me once I got home.

"I'm not even going out with her. She's JUST a friend." I say as I open up my bedroom door. He follows behind me, hands in his pockets. I go to sit down on my bed without looking back at him.

"Mhm, okay." He replied sarcastically.

"Whatever. Can you leave my room now?" He could probably tell I was getting annoyed and sort of mad at him but that didn't really matter right now.

Without saying a word, he left the room, slamming the door.

I run my fingers through my hair, quickly trying to fix it so it wouldn't be in my face.

Then I felt my phone vibrate on the bed. When I checked, it was a text from Devon. He's the badass of the school. The rudest person, but still gets all the girls.

It said:

Party at my house this Friday.

As much as I really didn't want to go, I'd probably end up going anyway.

Luke was going to have some friends over Friday and I absolutely do not want to stay for that.

I decide to text Brooke about it, maybe she could go with me.

There's a party at this guy Devon's house and I'm going, do you want to come with?

Not too long after, she replied:

I can't, I have to study, I have a test this Monday.

So far what I've learned about Brooke is she's possibly one of the smartest people I know. And also happens to be someone who works too hard.

You need a break, lay off the studying. It's not going to be too bad.

I cross my fingers hoping she'll say yes.

Fine, I'll go

I sighed in relief. Thank God I wasn't going to end up alone during the whole party.

Brooke's POV.

I really did not want to go to the party this Friday. Whenever I go to a party, something always goes wrong

which I would much rather avoid. But I'm going to go just because I felt bad about Niall not having anyone else

go with him.

"Brooke!!" My mom was calling me from her bedroom. I got up from my bed and walked over to her room.

When I opened the door, I said, "What is it Mom?" She had a really short dress on and was struggling to get a pair of stripper boots on. Uhmmm.

"Mom, it's not Friday. And since when did you have those boots...?"

"Shut up just help me get these on. I'm going out tonight. I won't be back until lunch tomorrow so you'd better make some food for yourself or whatever," She gave up trying to put on the boots and lifted her leg up high enough for me to adjust them and put it on for her.

"I wasn't joking when I said you

should stop going to clubs, you know that?"

"And I wasn't joking either when I said shut the hell up!!" She snapped. After I put them on for her, I dropped her legs to the ground making her stand up herself.

She pulled up her jeans and then grabbed her bag from the couch. Then she walked out the door, slamming it hard.

I rolled my eyes. I hate living with her. I wish I had my old life back. When I had the perfect family.

When my dad was still with my mom. The three of us would always go to the park and have picnics every week. We would all laugh and have such a fun time.

Until he left us when I was 6 years old. I still have no idea why. But when he did, I was crushed.

*FLASHBACK*

I sat on the floor and began playing with my dolls. I made the bad one sit in time out because she stole one of my favorite dollie's dresses and that's not right!!!

Mommy came in the room. Her eyes

were red. "Mommy, what's wrong?"

She walked over to my bed and patted the space right next to her, telling me to sit there.

I bounced onto my bed and looked at her. "What happened?"

"Honey, it's Daddy." Her face was turning to a frown.

"What happened to Daddy?" I don't want something to happen to Daddy. He's my best friend.

"I don't think he's...." She put her head into her hands and she sounded like she was crying.

"Mommy don't be sad! Then I'll be sad. What happened to Daddy?"

After a while, she looked up at me.

"He won't be around anymore. He went somewhere."

"Where did he go?"

"I don't know. But it's okay honey. He isn't hurt or anything. He'll just be away for a long time."

"When will he be back?"

I looked at Mommy's eyes and she looked like she was going to cry again.

"Just go to bed, baby. It's late anyway. Don't worry about anything, everything will be fine." She tucked me in bed and turned my lights off.

"Okay." And I fell asleep.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I walked back to my room, turning all the lights off and shutting my door behind me. I have to do it. She isn't around. It's the perfect time. Well, I guess only a few times won't hurt.

I went to my bathroom and opened up the cabinet. Hiding behind many lotions and shampoos and soap containers and all that, I had my blades.

All of them are old though, so they aren't as sharp. And I can't find another damn sharpener.

I randomly chose one and began to slide it across my arm. Once. Twice. Three times. And three more times.

It felt painful but not painful at the same time. I felt so relieved.

After I was done, I applied pressure to my arm with tissue so it would stop bleeding. When it stopped I put the blade back and decided to go eat something. I felt a little hungry.

I grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of water and headed to the couch. And let me tell you, it was giving off such a strong scent of alcohol. Even from all the way across the room, you could still smell it. Oh, whatever.

I turned the TV on and watched The Titanic. It was my favorite movie. The story is amazing and I just love how it's all set up in the movie, I just can't.

As the movie played and it got closer to the end, my eyelids started to get really heavy and weak.

"Where to, Miss?"

"To the stars"

And sleep over came me.

oh and I forgot to ask u guys! how do ya think of luke? he's a bitch isn't he hahah. I don't know what he'd look like in real life (like who would be him) so if u have someone in mind, someone u'd think could probably be luke let me know in the comments or message meee. okay on with the story! and summer is FINALLY here. yes that does mean more updates which will be coming soon :) hope ur all enjoying it so far, ily all xx