Chapter 2 ~ A State of Complete Insanity

Chapter 2

A State of Complete Insanity

I looked at the photo, then back at Kevin and Eloise. I closed my mouth and gulped.

"12 wonderful boys! I cant wait for you to meet them all Audrey!" Eloise smiled.

I looked at the photo of the 12 boys around Eloise and Kevin. They had various shades of blonde hair, and all of them had beautiful blue eyes. They all looked like their father, Kevin.

I smiled though at this point anything better then my other options. This is the best thing possible for me. 12 sons, who somehow all look like athletic models, is better than staying back at home and seeing what foster home I end up in.

"You okay Audrey? I know, it's a lot to take in, especially after everything that you've been through these past few days." Kevin said as he lent back in his office chair. 

"I'm fine thank you, just slightly shocked is all." I responded with a chuckle at the end. I placed the picture back on the desk then stood from my chair. Eloise smiled and led me from Kevin's office as we said goodbye. She began to explain that the first floor had all the formal utilities on it. The second floor had the master suite, and the 3 youngest boys rooms. And the third floor had the games room, the gym, a theatre, bowling alley, the list was endless and finally the top floor was where my room and the rest of the boys rooms were. 

"With so many boys, I wanted to have some space between their rowdiness and my room where I get my beauty sleep." Eloise explained as she laughed. I smiled at this, with 12 boys I'm sure it gets quite loud. We walked up onto the fourth floor, which lead into a foyer type thing that had 3 halls coming off it. Eloise led me down the hall to the left of the stairs where there 4 doors, 2 on either side of the hall. She picked the right back door. 

My room was huge, but quite bare. "We can decorate and make it feel homey. You can hang pictures up from all the fun things you do, that's what all the empty frames on the wall are for! And we will go shopping to buy some decorations to add some colour to the room!" Eloise smiled. 

The theme of the room was white. The floors were wood with a huge white fluffy floor rug. There was a queen size 4 poster bed bed on the left wall with a white duvet. In the right front corner was 2 small white couches and a TV. On the right wall was 2 open doors, to a bathroom and walk in robe. 

The back wall was windows from floor to roof. It showed off the huge backyard. 

"This is way too much!" I exclaimed to Eloise. 

"Dear, we want you to have everything you need. All the boys have the same as you so just enjoy it! There is a desk there too for homework and things like that." She pointed to the desk pushed against the wall the door leading into my room was on as well. 

"I will give you some time to settle in and unpack. Which reminds me, we must take you shopping soon! I will have Clara come size you and bring you some things for school too." She hummed as she walked towards the door. "Hun, Harold placed your bags in the closet." She smiled and with that, softly closed the door to my room. 

I took a big gulp and looked around my room. I would need to add some colour soon because it just felt like I was in a hotel at the moment. 

I walked into the huge closet. 3 walls were top to bottom closet space. The back wall was all windows just like in my room, with the same lace curtains tied up on the sides. There was an island in the middle of my room which had compartments for sun glasses, jewellery, and that sort of thing. There was a glass shoe cupboard, and a cupboard with boxes for handbags. Everything had glass doors so I could see all my clothes.