Chapter 3 ~ The Princess's Waffles

Chapter 3

The Princess's Waffles

I stood in the middle of my wardrobe, in a star position, while Clara was taking measurements on my entire body and typing things into her iPad.

"And you have all the boys measurements?" I asked, as we had been talking about everything she does.

"Yep, we update the database about ever 3 months, and before any big events the boys need suits for or something like that I come and redo all the measurements so everything fits perfectly." Clara explained. 

Clara is Eloise's assistant. Clara explained Eloise was a big shot designer, which doesn't surprise me with how amazing she looks all the time. Clara said she has a bunch of clothes in Eloise's office and once she works out my sizes, she'd going to bring up what she has. 

"Do you enjoy it?" I asked Clara. 

"Measuring the boys? They always make it as hard as possible that's for sure. But this is one of the more boring jobs I do. But in saying that, most of the stuff I do is amazing and I love working for Eloise, her line is amazing." Clara told me. "3 girls from my class applied for Eloise's assistant job, I was so shocked when I got the call." 

I don't think I could do anything in fashion. My style was simple, graphic marvel tees and jeans were my usual school uniform. Clara took my last measurement and then stood up. "All done. I will get Harold to bring the rack up." She said. She walked over to the intercom and spoke into it for a moment. About 15 minutes later Harold wheeled in a huge rack. 

"Alright we will put all of this in. I will organise it for you between tees, dresses, that sort of stuff. Hopefully you can find something for school tomorrow. This was the best I could put together tonight. I will have this wardrobe stocked within the next few weeks." Clara said typing away on her iPad. 

"Can you please get me a pair of black ripped jeans?" I asked. I didn't have money to buy myself clothes at home, I had always wanted a pair of black jeans. 

She smiled and walked over to the rack, pulling out a pair that fit my thoughts perfectly. She smiled watching my face light up. She put them on my island, then grabbed a thin green khaki sweater off the rack and a light blue denim jacket. "Wear this tomorrow for your first day. Tuck the shirt in." She grabbed a pair of flat black books off the shelf at the bottom of the rack and put them near the clothes. 

"Alright I will come back tomorrow and organise this while your at school." She smiled then left. Harold smiled and escorted Clara out. I looked at my outfit and smiled. These are definitely the nicest clothes I've ever worn to school.

I grabbed my pjs and went into the bathroom, where I showered, washed my hair and got into my sleepwear. I jumped into bed, and was about to turn my lamp off before there was a knock. Eloise and Kevin came in. 

"Night Audrey." They smiled. Eloise walked over, and was a bit hesitant, but then gave me a warm hug. Kevin smiled and came over and turned the lamp off for me. They left together and I heard them open the door across from my room. 

I had never had an adult hug me before I went to bed. I sniffed. 

The Bradshaw house was so different.

**

I woke up earlier then I ever had for school. Blame the nerves. I showered and dressed into Clara's outfit, brushed my hair and did its into a side french braid. I wanted to go down into the kitchen to get myself breakfast, but I realised I had no idea where the kitchen was. I opened the door into the hall, to have a look around.