02 Don't Recall

He looked at me and tilted his head. "I'm sorry, but who are you?" He asked puzzled.

Right then and there my life crumbled into pieces.

The love of my life didn't even recognize me.

Hoseok's POV~

I sat beside his bed, taken back by his words. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked him with little hope in my voice.  He stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head. "I'm sorry." He whispered and looked down. "The doctors told me my head trauma may have caused amnesia, looks like they were right." He said in a shaky voice.

I grabbed his hand which caused him to look up at me. "Don't blame yourself," I said with tears threatening to spill, "it's not your fault. I'm the one that should have been careful. How much do you remember?" I asked. Minhyuk looked at me with saddened eyes.

"Well I know my name is Lee Minhyuk. I remember my mom and dad's faces and names. If I'm remembering correctly, I work at a cafe on a busy corner." He said the last part with a little chuckle. He looked at my face more. "But I still cant remember you, and I'm so sorry about it." Tears had already fallen from my eyes. I could tell he felt remorse for me despite not remembering me.

He wiped my tears with his free hand. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?" Minhyuk said in a low, soft voice. I sighed, wondering where I could possibly start and what would be too much for him. I wanted to tell him everything. Everything I felt about him, all that we've done. How much I love him. But some things are better left unsaid, especially if I have to start all over. "I'm Shin Hoseok, I've known you for two years. In fact, we're supposed to be dating. Oh and we live together and have a cat named Luna." I said smiling like a goof, remembering the life I have with him.

Minhyuk sat for a second taking in what I said. When he finished he still looked at me sad. It didn't work. I gave him a little smile and he returned one.

Just then, his doctor walked in. "Oh hello," He said to me and bowed and I bowed back in my seat, "I'm Doctor Kim Heewon. I've been watching Mr. Lee here. And you are?" He asked. "I'm Shin Hoseok, Minhyuks boyfriend." I said while looking at Minhyuk who made a :T face.

"Ah, well I hope things are going well I assume?" He asked. I assumed he was talking about Minhyuks memory. I shook my head and the doctor looked at Minhyuk.

"I can't remember him for the likes of me." Minhyuk said with a hint of sadness. It broke my heart that he didn't remember me, but it broke my heart more knowing he truly cared. Things could have definitely gone worse, this is a light issue if I'm honest. Minhyuk could have remembered nothing about his life but instead I'm the only missing piece. Things are still hopeful.

Doctor Kim finished checking on Minhyuks fluids and charting his machine readings before speaking about the amnesia. "I'm afraid that there's not much you can do to recover the lost memories, but there is still hope." He then switched his gaze to me. "Do you two live together?"

I nodded. Doctor Kim let out a sigh of relief. "That's a step. Mr.Shin, to recover what you and Minhyuk had before the accident, it's going to take a lot of time and effort from the both of you. I can tell you treasure Minhyuk dearly to your heart. Work is all it needs." He gave me and Minhyuk a reassuring smile.

"Minhyuk, you're allowed release tomorrow. But for now I suggest you rest up, seeing you have some things to work on." Doctor Kim shook both of our hands and left.  There was an awkward silence before Minhyuk spoke.

"So we live together? Does that mean I have to stay with you?" I bit my lip at his question, not sure what he meant by it. "If you want to stay somewhere else you can, I don't want to force you into anything. I want your recovery to be smooth and at your pace" I said and smiled a little. "I'll stay with you." Minhyuk said. My eyes had lit up. Progress.

Thirty minutes had passed before the sun was setting. I decided to leave Minhyuk alone for the night. We said our awkward goodbyes. I cried the whole way home. My heart was shattered that the love of my life didn't recognize me at all. What made it all worse is that it's all practically all my fault.

If only I paid attention that night.

When I arrived home, I fed Luna before passing out on the bed. The next few months are going to be hell, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my starlight back.

A/N: hi!! Sorry if this chapter is kinda long and boring but I promise things will get better. I hope you're enjoying it so far! Thank you for liking and voting for my story, it means a lot. I'll try to update another chapter tomorrow but now I must sleep!