04 Wandering

AN: hi this is a little soft chapter I wrote while I try and rack my brain around the plot more! Enjoy :/

The next few days would be challenging for Minhyuk. He had to adapt to living with Hoseok and get back in the swing of things. He had to return to work in a few days and had doctor check ups next week. He felt bothersome to Hoseok since he volunteered to drive him where he needed, and well had to help him around in general.

None of Hoseoks kindness helped Minhyuks case, especially when Minhyuk woke up engulfed by Hoseok. He was quite flustered. To Minhyuk it felt normal, but he also felt uncertain. He couldn't pinpoint exactly how he felt about it. Minhyuk understands that Hoseok loves him, but could he love Hoseok like he did before?

These thoughts ran through Minhyuks head as he just stared at the ceiling while sitting on the couch. He was home alone, Hoseok worked from 7-3  that day and Minhyuk just missed him, waking up at 7:30. Such early birds. Minhyuk cleaned the house a little and had breakfast by 9. So there he sat on the couch, lost in his own world.

Being lost in thought was a habit of his, and has gotten in trouble for a few times by Hoseok because he wasn't listening to his ramblings. Of course no ones perfect, but Minhyuk did it so often it was worrisome. It was like he was planning his future in such detail and couldn't focus on the now.

While Hoseok found the habit troublesome, he admired Minhyuk every time his mind wandered. Hoseok would study Minhyuks features and swoon over every detail. Minhyuks glossy eyes, his mouth slightly ajar, how his breathing was a quiet hum, and sometimes he'd lay in either the most comfortable or weird positions. Minhyuk was a work of art Hoseok would stare at all day if he could.

And Hoseok desperately wanted things to go back to normal.

Soon enough, Hoseok came home from work. Minhyuk was still in his trance but snapped out of it when he heard the keys turning the lock. He smile at the door as Hoseok walked through the entrance. "Hey." He said a little excited. Minhyuk didn't like staying home alone, but had no where to go or anyone to talk to.

Hoseok returned a wide grin to Minhyuk. "Hey. What did you do all do all day?" He asked and settled into the house. Minhyuk watched his movements, almost mesmerized. "Well I cleaned a bit and made myself breakfast. How was work?" Hoseok finally sat on the couch by Minhyuk. "Pretty good, not too much work. Oh, and Hyunwoo says hi." Hoseok glanced at Minhyuk, "my boss." Minhyuk made an 'o' with his mouth as he had no recollection of the man.  One day he hopes to again meet the people he lost memory of.

They sat together watching movies for a few hours as it reached dinnertime. Luna shifted cuddling between the two. Hoseok looked at his watch, 6:36. "Hey Minhyuk," he started, kind of scared of what he was gonna ask. Minhyuk turned his focus to the older and hummed as a response. "Wanna go get dinner? Like as a date?" He gulped. He didn't quite know why he was scared to be honest.

Minhyuk smiled brightly. "Yes of course!" He said eagerly. All of Hoseoks fear went away. If he was to be honest, he was fearful that Minhyuk wouldn't want to rebuild their relationship. It was the only thing he could focus on at work, worried that their relationship would end flat like that. And if he were to be completely honest, during all of their relationship, Hoseok was scared of losing Minhyuk for good. They've had a fight or two that didn't help his thinking. Hoseok really loves Minhyuk with all of his being and couldn't stand to lose him. Even a few hours away from him drives Hoseok crazy.

"What are you in the mood for?" Minhyuk asked, snapping Hoseok out of his thoughts. "How about Italian?" Hoseok asked. Minhyuk nodded. "I have to change first." Minhyuk said as he darted for their bedroom, he had been in his pjs all day. While he waited, Hoseok fed Luna.