Chapter 1

Annabeth
My life sucks. Ever since my dad died, ever since my sixth birthday, I have been tortured by my mistress or my so called "adopted mom". My life used to be so much fun, just me and my dad.

But they had to ruin it all.......

My dad killed in front of my own eyes by robbers. It was devastating.

Ever since that day there has been a hole in my heart from where he used to be .

Now, my mistress makes me do all her stupid chores for her. It is never fair. Annabeth do this...now do that. It never stops. It doesn't help that her daughters Rachel, and Drew add to that pile of  chores. My whole day is filled with chores.

The only time I have to do what I want is when my mistress asked me to go get groceries. Normally during that time I would get the groceries then head to my friend Piper's house.

Piper is this beautiful girl with auburn hair and tanned skin. The people in Athens call her the descendant of Aphrodite  herself. She has been my friend since she bumped in to me three weeks ago. She has this crush on this palace guard name Jason. Honestly, both of them don't realize how much the other likes them it's too obvious.

So when I went to her house today she was excited as always but a bit too much...... I honestly don't know what came over her!
When I went in she started jumping around and squealing Prince Percy! Prince Percy!

I knew for a fact that Prince Percy was the prince of Paestem.

According to Piper, his majesty was holding a selection for the Prince to find his wife.

She told me that to enter in it you would have to enter your name in a random selection and they would bring you to the castle and do some stuff and choose the princess. I honestly didn't care. All this prissy pink princess stuff was never my strong suit. Anyway, I was happy!
Having a crush on the baker named Luke and now we've finally been dating for a month now... (secretly of course Mistress has no idea) and plus I barely know this guy. But I do know he's only 17 years old. Why would he want to get married so early??????

It was all a mystery to me, and hated not knowing stuff.