Chapter 2

{Phil's POV }

The group of paramedics and policemen dispersed around the destruction. One police officer came towards me and I gulped.

"Hello sir," he greeted casually, "I'm assuming you're the one who called."

"Yes," I answered.

The policeman continued on. "Well, I need to ask you some questions."

I gulped. "Yeah, sure."

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the paramedics approach the remains of the red car. One of them managed to pry open the demolished door. Quickly, I turned my focus back to the short cop in front of me. I have no desire to see the condition of the driver.

"Did you witness the crash happen?" he asked.

"No, I just came across the wreck as I was driving."

"Do you know the woman?" He gestured to the brown haired girl I had set down against my car.

"No, sir."

"Then why did you remove her from her vehicle?"

"Her car looked like it took less damage then the red car, so I decided to inspect it as I waited for you guys to arrive. I saw her in the driver's seat and thought that I should remove her from her car incase of a fire or an explosion."

"M-hmm," the cop hummed as he jotted down what I said. "That's all I needed to know. Thank you sir. You may leave if you wish."

As the police officer walked back to his car, I cried after him.

"Wait, sir!"

He turned and looked at me. "Yes?"

"Would I be allowed to stay with the girl? Just to make sure she's alright? It's just that I'd feel guilty if I didn't."

He stared at me for a few seconds then finally replied. "Alright, just drive behind us when we leave."

"Thank you sir," I said. I proceeded to take out my phone and text the boys about my current situation.

Phil: Hey Dan, I'm in a situation right now, and I'm not going to be able to make it in time for the video.

Dan: What? Wait, what's happening?

Phil: It's a long story, but I just witnessed a car crash and I want to stay with one of the victims to make sure she's alright.

Dan: Jesus Phil. How do you get yourself into these situations?

Phil: Tell the Chris and PJ that I'm really sorry. You guys can film something without me if you want.

As Dan was typing, I looked back at the scene. The paramedics had the body of the driver of the red car on a stretcher covered in a white sheet. Someone had already taken the girl into one of the ambulances. Police were shining their flashlights on the destroyed vehicles, inspecting everything they could. They spoke to each other, but they were too far away for me to understand what they were saying. I jumped as I heard another vehicle coming down the highway.

It was a tow truck coming to retrieve the cars. My phone buzzed in my hand.

Dan: Alrighty then. Take care Phil.

Phil: You too Dan.

I shut my phone off as the police officer who interrogated me earlier strolled over to me.

"We're going to leave soon. The drivers have been put into ambulances, and we need to get to the hospital," he informed with a serious, yet understanding look on his face.

"Okay. I'll get in my car," I told him.

"Just make sure to stay behind us."

"Yes sir."

He walked back to one of the police cars and I climbed into my car. Soon enough, I was following the blaring sirens. Beams of red and blue radiated into my car as I followed behind the cops.

'How do I get myself into these situations?' I thought as I remembered Dan's words.