XXVII

A/N- please check out a book that my friend wrote!! It's called Running (Rangers#1) by @emma_alone_ , and I'd really appreciate it if you could have a look!! xx
———————————————————————

Friday night.

Harry, Ron and I were sat in the Great Hall chatting as Hermione wheeled her suitcase towards us. Will had already left for the Hogwarts express, having already said his goodbyes. "Have a good Christmas, Hermione," we all said in a monotone, and laughed. I stood up and hugged her. The two others made ooh sounds. "Shut up," I snapped. "We all know Ron has a thing for her anyway."

Hermione and Ron both gasped. "Ugh!" Hermione exclaimed, making me laugh. Ron just looked disgusted. "Well, on that bombshell," Harry giggled, "have a wonderful Christmas!"

Hermione hugged him. "You three stay out of trouble." Ron sniggered. "Not possible, as you won't be there to stop Sam from breaking all his bones and all the rules in the process." I pouted, putting on an offended face. "I highly resent that comment."

Hermione had had enough of this and folded her arms. "Well, I'll see you all after Christmas. Have a great holiday, you three."

Harry and I waved as she started off down the hall between the tables. Ron licked his lips. "So, what do you guys want for Christmas?" Harry and I stared open mouthed at each other. "You're getting us-" Harry began. "-presents?" I finished.

Ron looked confused. "Yeah, of course. That's what friends do."

"We've-" I nudged Harry before he could tell Ron we'd never even had a present before. "How are you meant to buy them?" Harry said instead. Ron wiggled his eyebrows. "Well, you know Hogsmeade," he smirked. "We're not allowed to go," Harry said immediately.

"Yeah, but what if they didn't see us?" Ron said mischievously. "It's a good idea," I said excitedly. "No, it's most definitely not," Harry snapped. "Do you know how many points we'll lose?"

I waved him off. "Pah," I smirked. "Breaking the rules is what I do best. We'll go."

Fred and George suddenly appeared next to us. "You kids want to get into hogsmeade?" Harry glared at Ron. "You've planned this all out, haven't you?" He smirked again. "Of course! I know you'd say yes."

"I haven't," Harry pointed out. Ron shrugged. "Two versus one, sorry." He grinned at us. "Fred and George are going to take us through a passage tomorrow, when they go."

Harry folded his arms. "Sorry, but I'm not coming. This is ridiculous." I looked balefully at him. "C'mon, bro. Don't you want to have a little fun?" Harry shook his head firmly. "Loosen up!" Fred said easily. "We'll make sure you don't get caught," George added.

"Fine," Harry sighed. "But if we do get caught out, I'm blaming it all on you." The Weasleys all broke into identical grins.

Ron nudged us. "So," he whispered conspiratorially. "What should I get Hermione for Christmas then?"

———

Sorry it's so short! I've had literally no time in the past few weeks :(