Chapter 4

A silhouette of an angel appeared on the screen, it spread its wings taking off. I hugged the beam and closed my eyes tightly as bright lights flashed everywhere following the silhouette. The screen was opening as a brighter light shined and slowly, out came Justin, wearing angel wings. I stopped trying to move and just stared down at him in a bit of awe. It was the single greatest entrance ever attempted. His sunglasses covered his eyes, disguising any expression, but his jaw muscles were flexing strongly. I traced his jawline with my eyes when suddenly my foot slipped off the beam and I let out a small squeak. His head turned slightly looking in my direction. He must have heard me, damn it. I repositioned myself slowly, trying not to call attention, and slid further into the darkness almost coming off the beam again. He continued to keep his eyes in my direction until he was almost on the stage. The girls screamed louder and louder the closer he got to the stage. I squeezed every muscle inside of me and gripped that beam with every ounce of strength left in my body. 

My leggings were making me slippery, and my heels weren't helping either. I sighed, smiling down at the girls as they cheered again and a tingling sensation went through me when Justin said, "LA, do you want to go All around the world with me?" I was slightly amazed for a moment at how our worlds were so different. I just held a guy for questioning, and if things go wrong he could very well die, and Justin, he's just set himself on a stage to sing. I pulled my eyes from him quickly crawling all the way back to the vent. I slid down, replaced the cover, and then crawled through the panels. The bathroom had remained locked, and I managed to leave everything looking as it had before. Fredo was waiting for me at the end of the hall. "The show just started, come on." he said, extending his hand out to me again. 

I followed him and we stepped up to the entrance of the stage to watch. This was my first time ever seeing Justin perform, and my attraction to him almost seemed as strong as the night before. He looked back at me and shot me a smile that pulled a soft exhale from me. I returned it and watched him send that to the crowd. His dance moves and vocals were solid, reminding me of how he had danced last night. Fredo kept by me the entire show, so I wouldn't be alone, but Justin had created this bubble around everyone calling every ounce of attention. He ran backstage to change for his next song, which was now also his last. He rushed back out, but stopped with me and asked, “You liking the show?”
“Loving it,”
He winked and jumped back out feeding the deafening sound of his screaming fans. It was almost strange to think that on this very night I had performed an order, and neither Justin nor anyone had any idea. I looked up to the suites to see Bradley standing at the window with his daughter. He was alive, and for some reason that relieved me.

Technically everyone tonight was innocent, and seeing Bradley alive, kept that feeling alive. Justin pulled me away from my thoughts as his voice melodiously echoed with the lyrics, “Baby, baby, baby ooh.” I smiled and felt Fredo nudge me. “The show is about to end, let's wait for him back there.” he suggested. I followed him to a room where the rest of the Bieber team was. “Everyone, this is Alyssa Winters, she's a friend of Justin's.” Fredo began, calling everyone's attention. “Alyssa, this is Scooter, Justin's manager, Kenny, his old bodyguard, Carin, his stylist, Allison, his general manager,” Some people came into the room. “Scrappy, the sound manager, and this is Dan, his guitarist.” Fredo finished. “Hi, it's nice to meet all of you.” I told them with a smile. “Nice to meet you too.” they each replied, as they each shook my hand. Just then, Justin walked in with a woman by his side. “Oh mom, I want you to meet someone, this is my friend Alyssa Winters. Alyssa, this is my mom Pattie.” he introduced. “Hi sweetie, how are you?” his mom greeted, extending her hand forward to me. “I'm fine thank you, how are you? It's a pleasure meeting you.”
“I'm doing great, and it's a pleasure meeting you.”

His team began to slowly clear out one by one, working with post-concert tasks, including Pattie, leaving just the two of us. Justin picked up a towel and wiped his face as he kicked off his shoes and cap and slumped on a couch. “The show was amazing.” I told him, leaning on a table across from the couch. “Oh you're just saying that.” he laughed, taking a large gulp of water. “No I mean it, it was amazing.”
“Thank you. I'm glad you came tonight Alyssa.” he said. “Me too, thanks for inviting me.” His eyes seemed to instinctively run over my figure after my comment. I watched his face, trying to figure out if what he was seeing was pleasing or not. “You look very nice Alyssa.”
“Thank you, so do you.”
He stood up and put down the towel on the far end of the table I was leaning on. He replaced his cap on his head, looking at me from under it. My body temperature rose with his eyes on me. I was starting to feel shy, but couldn't actually look away. “Can I drive you home?” he asked. “Aren't you tired?”
“Nope, I'm full of adrenaline.”