3. The Key

Today was Thursday and John had volleyball practice after school, like two days ago; the day he first met the ordinary and skinny boy with the pale skin and brown, curly hair.

Like he did every morning before he put his clothes on, John stood in front of his mirror, looking at his scars. Turned around a bit to see his back. Every scar had its own memory. 'What does not kill you makes you stronger' John always repeated in his head every morning when he stood in front of the mirror.

.....................

John have not seen Sherlock in school today, but they did not have chemistry at thursdays neither. He did not know why but he hoped that he would see him at the volleyball practice again.

When John finished the last class of the day, he went to his locker and grabbed his sports bag. Greg met him at the entrance and walked with him to the sports hall. They talked about homeworks and the big test in maths they were going to have in three weeks. Greg seemed a little scared and John tried to cool im down. "It is just maths, no one is going to die if you fail."

They reached the hall that were located a couple of hundred meters from the school.

"John! You dropped this!"

A familiar voice went closer behind them. John and Greg stopped at the door and turned around. The boy whom John could not stop think about reached them and gave John a key. It was the key to his locker.

"Thank you Sherlock!" John smiled and grabbed the key as he felt his blood rush thru his veins when he touched Sherlock's hand.

"You are welcome, and blushing."

That did not make him blush less.

Greg just stood there and watched the two boys awkward meeting.

"Hey! John! Are you going to ask him out or are you going to follow me inside and play volleyball, that we are supposed to do?" Greg finally said and went into the hall.

John looked into Sherlock's blue-green-ish eyes, that he could get lost in, and started to open his mouth to say something, but he did not have a chance before Sherlock spoke.

"It seems like you are not going into practice, because you are still here, so I think that you should go on with the other thing soon. Do not want to stand here forever."

John's mouth was still open but he could not speak. He just stood there, looking at the boy in front of him.

"If you are too shy, I can ask for you. 'Sherlock, do you want to go on a date with me?' 'Sure, why not?' See? That was not so hard?"

"Wait, what-?" John kept staring at Sherlock but moved his body a little. "Did you just-?"

"Yes, John. Saved some time there. Tomorrow? Should we say six o'clock at this spot?"

John smirked. 'What the holy did just happen? Do I have a date with Sherlock Holmes?'

"I will take that as a yes then." Sherlock turned around and went back to the school.

When John had changed his clothes and entered the hall where the team was sitting on the floor beside the volleyball net. They all looked at John.

"Did you get a date?" Greg laughed.

"Yeah, actually" he grabbed his own neck and blushed even more.

"What? Are you serious?"The whole team nearly dropped their jaw. Greg was just kidding with John. Everyone would understand that. But he was really happy that John actually was going on a date with Sherlock.

"I am going to meet him tomorrow at six."

The team whistled and applauded. Then they started their practice.