Chapter 1: He knows

Lucas's POV :

“Have you managed to get information regarding that woman?” I asked the private investigator I had hired to find out information of a woman rumoured to be my grandfather’s mistress.

“Yes, sir. I have. The name of the woman in the picture is Lisa Parker. An orphan in her twenties.” He spoke.

My eyes widen. What? Never would I thought my grandfather would take a mistress 40 years younger than him. That would cause a scandal!

It was two days ago, I caught sight my grandfather with that woman at the shopping complex. That woman wore a short topless dress that hugged her body, showing her curves perfectly, catching many attention from the male population. They were also holding hand and look much happy with each other. I can’t believe what I just saw. It was not a hidden fact my grandfather was lonely since my grandmother died. But for him to find a younger woman? He should have search someone in his age!

“Is something the matter, sir?” The private investigator asked.

I looked at him and scowled inwardly. I shouldn’t show weakness in front anyone. I nod, “No. Everything is fine. You can put the rest of the file at my desk. You may leave now. I will call you back if I need your service.”

“Very well, sir.” He curtly answered, following my orders and left the room.

I took the envelop that laid on the desk and examined the files inside it.

Based on the picture he had taken, it well shown that Lisa Parker is a beautiful woman. With perfect curves on her body, curly blond hair.

While examining her picture, a knock was heard on the door. I saw my secretary came in with a file in-hand.

“Yes, some files for me?” I asked, earning a nod.

"Mr. William Anderson asked me to make an appointment with you. Tonight at hotel restaurant. At 8 o'clock." She said professionally and left the room just the same.

I wonder for a moment for the reason of my grandfather wishes to see me.

This dinner would be the opportunity to question him about that woman. No doubt it would a long night today.

---------------------------------------------------------

I sat at the lounge as I wait for my grandfather’s arrival. Despite my disagreement for his action, I still respect him for being my grandparent. He is also will be one who will give me the CEO position one day.

“I should apologize to you, Lucas. For making you wait so long.” A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. It was my grandfather. “I was caught in an office matter that I forgot about out appointment.”

“There is nothing to apologize about, gramps. It’s understandable. I just thought you were late because you were busy with your mistress.” I said with my teeth clenched against each other. God, I can’t control my feelings while in front of him. What am I? A hormone teenager?

His eyes widened from shock. He didn’t expect I know that now, did he.
"So it seems you already heard about it." He muttered grimly.

“Heard about it?” I can’t hold the anger that’s rising inside me. “I saw it with my own eyes. Who’s the slut? Which prostitute was she from? Or maybe she was the nurse that too care of you. Look, its better you mind your health than going around-”

I was cut off by a loud cough. I thought it was a simple cough but it wasn’t. That was then I knew how his illness was getting worse. I started to panic. I called a waiter to quickly ready a car to escort him to the hospital.

"S-She's not a slut. She is the only one I love after your late grandmother. S-she’s a kind girl." He said between his coughing. He sound like there’s something hard blocking his throat.

"You’re going to be fine, gramps. Let me bring you to the hospital. You need to see the doctor." I told him soothingly, helping him to get up.

Suddenly, he passed out.

Hey guys. First chapter had been edited.

Credit to Hoshi_123 for being my beta @ editor.

Please like, share and vote.