Chapter 3 : The Will

Lucas's POV
After a few days of staying at the hospital, we brought him back home.

During those period of times, I still couldn’t brace myself to tell the results of the surgery to my parents.

So being in the dark, my parents were full of joy and organized a party to celebrate the occasion this weekend.

My mother along some maids were decorated the living room when my phone rang. I took a peek on the caller and slipped passed to the balcony to answer it.

"Hey babe. Where are you? Can we have dinner tonight?" A woman voice answered.

"I'm at home. Yeah, sure darling. We'll meet tonight at 8. I will pick you at your house." I answered to Hailey. She’s my girlfriend. A very beautiful woman that caught my eyes at first sight. We met 2 years ago. She’s the one of popular model of Victoria Secret.

"Alright then. See you tonight babe." She ended the phone call seductively.

I planned to invite her to the party this weekend as my partner and introduce her to my family.

I went back inside and heard both of my parents and my grandfather were arguing.

"You can't force him. He has his own life. We don't even know about that woman’s background. Where did she came from plus what did she did before and now." My mother argued.

"She is good girl. I already know her for a year ago. And she is the best for my grandson." My grandfather calmly replied.

"What is happening here?” I made my presence be known, making everyone in the room look at me. I saw my mother twitch and flicker her eyes toward my father.

"You. You will become a husband soon." My grandfather said breaking the silence.

Taking it as a joke, I laugh humourless, "You’re joking, right?"

I stopped laughing with my grandfather look at me with full of seriousness. "I'm serious, Lucas. Do you remember about our planned dinner three days ago? I was planning to talk about this. But something came up and I didn't manage to have a talk with you. You will marry Lisa no matter what.”

"No!” I refused. “I'm will not marry someone who I have no relations nor feelings with. I have a girlfriend of my own! I love her!”

"Yes, you will Lucas. You will get the CEO position after you become her husband. If not, she will be the one taking over the company of mine." He said with no hesitation.

"Are you out of your mind, dad?! Are you going to give a stranger the hotel that you struggle for all of your life?" My mother stood up from the couch and tried to back me up.

"Nothing can change my mind. I already asked my lawyer to write the will. I know I have not enough time already. The doctor said, I have about three months left to live. You know that better than anyone, Lucas." He said and asked Mary, who was our maid that responsible to nurses him to take him back to the room.

"I will not marry her, gramps. It won’t happen." I gritted out between my teeth.

"Then, you can forget your share at the hotel. You will get nothing, Luke." He replied and lost from my eyes beyond the oak door.

"No, you can't Luke. We will lost everything if you refused to marry her." My mother stood beside me. She was holding my hand like begging that I will agree to marry Lisa.

My mother looked at her husband and tried to persuade him too. But my father just shrugging both his shoulders.

"It’s his life. Let him make his own choice." My father said and watched us quarreled each other.

"Leave him alone. He needs to think about it." He continued and pulled my mother's hand to their room.

I stalk to my room, absolutely livid. For f*ck sake, first my mom was against it and then she’s trying to make me do it. Gramps going senile if he actual going through with this.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the evening, I drove to Hailey’s house. Arrived in front of her house, I send a message to inform her that I reached her house. Waiting outside, I leaned against my black metallic Porsche and thought back about the stupid suggestion my grandfather gave. Marrying Lisa Parker. Oh h*ll no! It’s my life. He’s not going to make the decision. I will not marry my grandfather mistress.

I snapped out from my thoughts when I saw Hailey coming out of the house.

"Hey babe. How are you?" She hugged me. She was wearing a floral printed, topless short dress that hugged her body, showing her curves perfectly.

"I'm fine. So, where do you want to go, beautiful?" I asked her, teasingly lightly kissed her on the lips.

She grin mischievously, "Well handsome, let's go to dinner first. We can think the other activities later." I nod and drove to Balthazar where we always had dinner. I love that place. Their steak fries are cook to perfection.

As we reached the restaurant, the waiter escorted us to our table and took our orders. We were chat about our day and likes.

"Mom would like to invite you to my house this weekend. We will have a party for my grandfather. I hope you can join us." I said to Hailey.

"Of course I will. It must be fun." She smiled. It made her look oh so beautiful. I can't get enough of her.
I raised her right hand and kissed her palm. "I love you, Hailey."

"I love you too, Luke." She replied.
The waiter came with our orders. We enjoyed our dinner whilst taking about our future together. There’s no one I would marry than her.

Hey guys. Hope you like it. Please hit the vote and like. Don't forget to follow too.

Credit to Hoshi_123 as my editor @ beta.

Love ya 😘.