Chapter 2: The last hope

Lucas's POV

It already has been year ago since we knew about the illness, we had tried our best to cure him. But doctor said that he can't cured. It was brain tumors and it was too late to save him. He was already on his last stage. The only thing the can do is to give him some pain killers to slow down the pain.

My parents rushed to the hospital as quickly as they could after I gave them a called, informing them the situation. We waited outside the emergency room for almost 2 hours, waiting for my grandfather's surgery to finish.

Few more minutes passed then came a girl running towards us. She looked at my grandfather's secretary.

"How was he? Is everything alright?" The blond rapidly firing questions at him. "He was fine this morning when we met." And there it was. I finally remember who she was. My grandfather's rumoured mistress.

"What are you doing here?" I stood up, glaring at her.

"His life is in danger! How could I not be here?!" She spoke, looking at me unbelievably. "I can't lost him." Her last words was almost like a whisper, tears started to form at the corner of her eyes.

"Oh, of course you can't lost him." I said sarcastically. "Since he's your sugar daddy. You will lost your money if you lost him." I could see the shock on her pretty little face. My grandfather who's fighting for his life and she's just worried about her money. Disgusting.

I turn around as the doctor exit the emergency room. We rushed to him.

"How is he?" I asked.

"The surgery went well, but he is still unconscious because of the anesthetic effect. He will wake up a couple more hours." The doctor replied.

"Can I go see him now?" I heard a woman question. Then I realized that Lisa was right next to me. Her eyes were red after crying.

"Yes, you can. But please let him rest first." The doctor nod and excuse himself.

Lisa rushed inside the room while I leaned against the wall. Despite hating his decision about having an affair with a young woman, I still cared about him.

--------------------------------------------------------

I entered the room few minutes afterword, Lisa was already sitting next to my grandfather's bed while holding his hand.

"You should go home. We can take care of him." I told her.

She turn to look at me. "No. I'm okay." She replied.

There was a tense silence at the atmosphere, nobody said a word. Suddenly, the door opened and my parent came walking in.

"How is he?" My father asked me.

My eyes flickered to Lisa and my grandfather. I cursed inwardly, I have to explain that to them if I'm right about them not knowing. I brought them outside the room, leaving her inside alone.

We sat and I told them the whole story from what I saw at the mall until he started to cough during our dinner. We were lucky, this was VVIP ward. So not many will get a scoop of this scandal.

As I assumed, they were shocked. My mother was fuming with anger and stomped back to the room. My father and I followed her tail.

"What the hell are you doing here?" My mother exploded, pulling Lisa's hair. Lisa struggled to free herself from my mother's hold.

"Let me go!" She shouted.
My father and I tried to calm my mother down. Then the doctor and nurses came in. They were shocked with what happening right now.

"What are you people think you're doing right here!? The patient need his rest. Please leave now or I will resort to call the security." The doctor said darkly.

My mother released Lisa's hair from her hand and walked out from the room followed by my father. Lisa was crying but also left the room too.

I turned to look at the doctor. "Can I have a word you for a moment?" I asked. He nodded and brought me to his office.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry for what happen earlier. I will make sure it will not happen again." I reassured Dr. Harry who was my grandfather doctor.

"Yes, I will be grateful if you did just." He said. "The condition of a patient is important to us." He look at board-clipper in his hand and continued, "And based on the result of the surgery, he only have 3 months left to live."

I stood up from my seat with great shock, "W-What? But you said the surgery went successfully."

"Yes. While the surgery was successful. The tumors became worse. We can't stop the tumors. They were spreading quickly to his main organ. The only thing we could do is to pray and don't give him too much pressure that may affect his healthy."

I nodded and thank the doctor for his time. I walk out of the office with dead eyes. This is too much. How could I tell my parents this?

Hey guys. Chapter 3 was done. Hope you guys like it.

Credit to Hoshi_123 for being my beta @ editor.

Please like, share and vote. Thanks.