CHAPTER 3: He Has Cancer?

EVA'S P.O.V

"wow.... That was some nice food, I must admit your mum can really cook Kinton." i said to him as we walked back to the living room after eating dinner. Mr Donald went upstairs to go get some of Kinton's childhood pictures while Clara is in the kitchen doing the dishes. I offered to help but she insisted i stay and keep Kinton company for a while since we haven't seen each other for a week.
"yeah she is one of the best cooks I know that's why i always like it when she's around but i guess she won't be around much longer than i thought she would." He said to me as we both sat down on the couch.
"You're gonna miss them both won't you?" i said a little sad for Kinton. He grew up not spending much time with his parents because he was in a boarding school and when he finally finished high school, he had to move to New York for his college. He got a scholarship in one of the best schools in NYC which was the same school i attended. We were friends before we started dating in our final year. As for his parents, they only visited him once in a while because his dad had a job in Madison and he couldn't leave. When Kinton graduated, He started a job as a social worker because he wouldn't let me give him a job at the Anderson company. His parents are finally leaving him here for good knowing he is a grown man and that's why they wanted to meet me so that they will be rest assured that he was in good hands.
"Yeah i would.. A lot. But i'm used to it. It would just be like the normal four months without seeing them except those four months will keep on increasing." He stated as we both chuckled.
we chatted for some minutes and shortly after, Kinton's parents both walked in.
Mr Donald handed me some of Kinton's albums and i glanced through them. We laughed at funny ones and i watched Kinton's parents as they talked about how Kinton was as a child apparently he was stubborn as fuck.

"He would go about running in the park for hours." Clara stated.

"Oh and there was this one time that Kinton got missing in the park. We looked for him for hours and guess where we found him?" mr Donald added.
"Where?" i asked as i chuckled earning a glare from Kinton.
"We found him in a girls car putting on her lip stick and shades." We all bursted out laughing hearing what mr Donald said.
I looked at Kinton imagining him with lipstick on his lip and a pair of sun glasses. He would look so ridiculous. I laughed even more looking at his annoyed face. He was so embarrassed.

"I'm just glad that my little Kint is in good hands Eva, you are a real gift." Clara said as i flipped the last page of the album.

"Awe thanks Clara." I smiled at her and she returned with a warm Smile.

"I'm really happy for you two. It takes a true gift to want to be with our son despite his illness." Mr Donald stated and was immediately interrupted by Kinton.

"Dad!" Kinton screamed nodding his head a little scared.

"What? she doesn't know?" Clara asked a little confused.

"I..I..I." Kinton started stammering.

"Doesn't know what?" i asked cutting Kinton off a little afraid of what i was about to hear. What illness? was Kinton sick?

"That Kinton has cancer." Clara said with sympathy in her eyes.
Did she just say cancer? what the hell is she talking about? There is no way Kinton could have cancer. He is healthy and I am almost a hundred percent sure about it.

"C..Cancer?" i asked not believing what i just heared.

"Why didn't you tell her Kinton?" Clara asked a little disappointed in her son. From the look on her face she was probably scared of my reaction.

"Mum i was going to but..."

"You have cancer?" I cut him off again. "how, when, why? "

"I.. I've had it for five years now." Kinton said avoiding eye contact with me.

"FIVE YEARS?" i said as the tears i was avoiding came rushing down. I paused for a while trying to process what I've just heard. Kinton has cancer and he has had it for five FUCKING years.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you Eva." He said as he leaned closer to me holding my hands but i quickly removed my hands from his. He had cancer my Kinton had cancer. Here i was thinking that we would spend the rest of our lives together and now he is saying he has cancer.

"E...Excuse me" Was all i said as I walked out pouring out more tears.

"Eva wait!" i could here him shout after me but i didn't stop. Right now i couldn't think straight. I ran to my car, shot the door and zoomed off not giving a glance at Kinton who was holding my glass window trying to stop me.

HEY GUYS!
Well I hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as I did.

Don't be a silent reader...
don't forget to vote and comment.

Lots of love from

🌸🌸Racheall🌸🌸