CHAPTER 4: Meeting The Cortains.

EVA'S P.O.V

Today felt really weird without Kinton. I haven't spoken to him since I found out about his illness and that's because i haven't answered his calls or replied to any of his text messages. I don't know why i'm this upset. Is it because of him not telling me about it? Or i'm just afraid of losing him. Well what can i do about it? I just need time to think things through.

I heard my phone buzz again. It was another text from Kinton. I didn't bother reading it cause i knew it's the same thing over again.

"Eva i'm sorry you found out this way could you please pick my calls or at least reply my text messages so i would know you are alright. I love you."

Even if it hurt me to see him suffering I wasn't in the mood to talk right now. My parents are making me have dinner with a friend of Thiers and it looks like the whole family is coming cause Nina our cook was asked to cook for six instead of just four.

"Eva!" I heard my mum shout my name from outside my door. Looks like our guests have arrived. "hunny hurry up our guests are waiting in the dining room."

"Coming! Just a sec." I replied as i looked at myself in the mirror one last time and i couldn't help but to think about Kinton. He was always on my mind. Maybe i overreacted. I shouldn't have just left like that. He was going through a tough time and I just left him to bear it alone. I took a deep breath and adjusted my dark purple gown. I looked at my slight make up I put on earlier to ensure that I was fit to go. I looked at my phone laying flat on my bed. I couldn't talk to Kinton not now. I had to go downstairs for dinner. I'll call him after dinner or tomorrow maybe as for now, I have other things to do. I thought as i left my room.

I walked downstairs in annoyance. I couldn't wait for the dinner to be over so I could talk to Kinton.

"Here she is." I heard my mum say as I approached the dinning table.

"Good evening everyone." I greeted as i sat down next to my mum who was sat on the left side on the dinning table next to my dad. His friend sited on the right with his wife next to him and a young man that looks familiar next them.

"Eva." my dad called." These are Mr and Mrs Jeremy and Daniella Cortain that I told you about and that's their son James."

"oh" I said trying to hide my laughter. For goodness sake where did they get their family name from? It sounds so much like curtain.

"Jeremy, Daniella, meet my daughter Eva." my dad said as Mrs Cortain looked at me and smiled.

"Hello Eva." she said to me. "it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Yes." Mr Cortain added. "Your dad has said so much about you and indeed you are beautiful like he had said. Right James?" He said as he looked at his son who i noticed didn't say anything since i arrived.

"uh.... yeah she is." he said seeming not to be into the dinner.

"Uh.. thanks." I smiled at them as we began to eat. I didn't say a word through out and so did James. We just sat down listening to our parents talking and ranting about uninteresting stuffs. The dinner finally ended and both parents went to the living room to chat leaving James and I alone in the dining table.

The table was filled with silence that we could hear our parents annoying voices from the living room.  I got tired and decided to break the silence but thankfully he beat me to it cause only God knows the nonsense that would have come out from my mouth.

"You don't talk much do you?" He said with an irritated face.

"Not really. I like my peace and quiet."