|•XIII•|

~Zodia's POV~

As I sat between Noctis and Gladio, I skimmed through the grimoire. Myriads of spells caught my attention and I was itching to use a few of them. I took the time to even memorize a few spells for the monsters that lurked within Malmalam Thicket. Closing the book, I heard Prompto begin to whine. "I don't like the woods. Too many monsters."

Gladio snappily closed the novel he was reading with a small scoff. "You kidding? What could be better than roughing it out here?"

"A million other things could be better," Prompto hastily replies.

Gladio shook his head, putting his book away. I smiled at the small banter as Ignis pulled the Regalia into a parking lot.

"I hate hiking more than camping," Noctis groans as he exited the car.

"Of course-you only like sleeping," I said matter-of-factly.

"I don't 'like' sleeping, I 'love' it," Noctis proclaims.

"I feel so bad for Luna..." I murmur under my breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!" I deny and hug the grimoire to my chest. Noctis kept his eyes on me as he whistled for the Chocobos. Ignoring his gaze, I look down the dirt road to see the Chocobos running towards us. "Would it be strange if I named her?" I suddenly ask. Prompto turned towards me with a brilliant smile. "Not at all! Maybe I'll name my Chocobo, too."

My vision was soon obscured by sapphire feathers. Threading my fingers through her soft plumage, I smile at the bird. "So, what do you think about the name Skye?" The Chocobo chirped cheerfully and ran circles around me. I giggle at her sudden excitement. "I'll take that as a 'yes'."

Hopping on her back, I follow closely to Ignis. As we delved deeper into the forest, the foliage began to thicken. A sense of dread overcame me as we crossed a bridge. Ignis must've sensed my change of mood and rode next to me. "Are you alright?"

"I just suddenly got a bad feeling."

I could see the worry growing within Ignis at my words. A guilty feeling soon took over the dread as I saw how tense he became. "Sorry, I should have kept to myself," I apologize in a soft voice.

"Do not apologize, Zodia. Malmalam Thicket is a treacherous forest. It's expected to sense bad omens from such a place."

"I just wish Noct won't become too careless."

"As do I."

We dismount our birds after a long trot up a curvy dirt trail that led us to the entrance of Malmalam Thicket. A suffocating atmosphere seeped through the trees like an invisible fog, covering us in silence. Gladio was the first to speak as we entered the forest. "Are you up for it?"

"Step lightly in here," Ignis warns.

"There's no telling what'll crawl out of the woodwork."

"Wouldn't wanna squish some slimy bug and ruin my nice kicks," Prompto states. Glancing at the blonde in disbelief, I spoke up. "You're worried about stepping on a bug out of all the things that lurk around us?"

"You've got a point there, Zo. But I hate bugs," Prompto shutters.

"Oh, that's right. You and Noct hate any type of bug. Camping must be real torture to the both of you."