Chapter two

Un Romance Roto |Yandere! Spain X reader| 2

_____________________________________________

Thankfully the day you returned was a Friday - you needed the weekend to compose yourself, get to know the world a little better. As if you've spent the past few months on another planet that escaped the normal flowing of time, everything had at least a little change. It was a peaceful Saturday morning that couldn't have gone slower, and you were starting to enjoy the tranquility of your home.

The bright, yellow sunlight forced its way through the small peeps of your curtain, streaking your closed eyes uncomfortably as you lay on the bed. Blinking furiously and rolling over to face the other side, you laid there for a couple more minutes before sloppily stepping out of your bed. Not bothered to change out of your clothes from yesterday, you trudged down the flight of stairs and went through your daily morning routine. Your parents were already ahead of their schedule and at work, but a smile made its way to your face as you spotted a plate of pancakes, still warm and steaming a little sitting on the dining table.

"If you don't mind me," you muttered, picking up the plate of food and walking over to the couch. You gently placed the plate on the coffee table and flicked on the television, rather excited to catch up on your favourite television shows. Before you even clicked the Netflix app, a news story on the homepage caught your attention, drawing you into clicking that instead.

It was definitely not something you needed right now, but it was of something you cared deeply about.

"Verdict given for vacation renegade - Alleged kidnapper of a high school female is arrested after months spent abroad in Spain."

Your stomach dropped and you clicked on it in a heartbeat, nausea overcoming your body from an overwhelming amount of anticipation and anxiety. It finally loaded up, presenting you with a footage captured of a reporter. The reporter put on a brave face, but there was an unpleasant and grim aura exuded from her frown.

"High school senior, Antonio Fernandez Carriedo is held responsible for the kidnapping of another student, as police officers say, whom had kept her hidden in his home for a short period of a few days. According to airport records, he had boarded a plane with the kidnapped victim to Spain..."

There were multiple shots of his house, barricaded with bright yellow police tape, where the insides were being searched inside out for evidence of activity. It eventually displayed footage in the airport, where a low quality video showed two people walking towards the gates, zooming in on the faces to reveal the identities of yourself and him. You let out a soft gasp as it lingered on his face, where his features were as clear as crystal.

"Toni..." you cried softly, grasping a pillow tightly in your chest and squeezing it tightly.

"Right now, he is being held incarcerated at..."

You dropped the fork held in your hand and let it clatter loudly on your plate, but you didn't care.

Your parents wouldn't be back till late, and your friends certainly wouldn't bother you in such a crucial time of emotional recovery.

You knew where he was, and you needed to see him.

Stuffing the remainder of the pancake into your mouth, you scooped it up and ran to the kitchen, throwing it in the sink roughly. Wiping your mouth and downing a few gulps of water, you brought out your phone and dialed the prison's number.

Beep. Beep.

Pick up.

Beep. Beep.

"Hello, you've reached the New York State correction facility. How may I help you today?" a voice on the other line said, paralyzing you on the spot for a second. You haven't rehearsed on what to say, and doubts were now rushing through your mind. You still carried on nevertheless.